Advice on what fishing chair to buy

Golden Eagle

Reaction score
I've only sat on it at home, I've up to now been more than a little reticent to risk fishing. First impressions are it will be OK for what I want.
Knowing how ladies prefer a little more comfort if it was my choice for my wife I would get the bigger model, it as a padded seat and back. Surely more comfortable.
Thanks for the feedback.

fisherton anger

Reaction score
Thanks people. I like the sound of that trakker one. Those carp boys (and girls) certainly have the accessories! Just can’t believe how much the top of my legs hurt after two half day sessions! Am bit too heavy but want something robust. The lake I fish on you can drop off next to swims and have a trolley. Appreciate everyone’s advice. Will have to see if that money tree I planted is flowering yet!!
I have this Trakker chair and have spent many times on the lakeside fishing for carp and tench all night long, really comfy a bit expensive but worth it for the comfort.

wolfie60

Reaction score
I’ve been through the Seatbox or chair saga over the years.
I’ve now returned to the most basic new Shakespeare Seatbox with side trays which is simple comfortable and good for tackle storage. Granted you need flat level ground which many venues are and you don’t fix attachments but is low cost does the job and works just fine.
I’ve done the Korum route and hi end seat boxes and I think something basic like a Shakey box fits the job for rod fishing
We never used to have a ton of metal work fixed to our fishing seats in the past !

mikench

Reaction score
The Fox chairs are 9 kilos and 9.5 kilos respectively so far too heavy for use without a ghillie.

plattsie_fish

Reaction score
Thankyou one and all for your opinions. There is obviously a shortage of stock of many of these items so couldn’t get some of them and needed a seat quick as I have a few sessions booked in over next few weeks. I ended up getting a Fox eos3. Looks nice. Am out on the lakes first thing tomorrow do the proof will be on the pudding as they say!

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I’ve been through the Seatbox or chair saga over the years.
I’ve now returned to the most basic new Shakespeare Seatbox with side trays which is simple comfortable and good for tackle storage. Granted you need flat level ground which many venues are and you don’t fix attachments but is low cost does the job and works just fine.
I’ve done the Korum route and hi end seat boxes and I think something basic like a Shakey box fits the job for rod fishing
We never used to have a ton of metal work fixed to our fishing seats in the past !

As you say, we never had all the leveling gear etc when I was growing up. We all had baskets and we all managed just fine.
As has ben said, the bog standard shaky plastic boxes are spot on, and you can easily add some adjustable legs if need be.

plattsie_fish

Reaction score
Appreciate everyone giving me their opinions. As was said, luggage seems to be a bit thin on the ground at the moment so I struggled to find some of the recommendations. I ended up getting a fox eos3 which was about £70 and I can report I had a nice 6am-2pm session and didn’t have my usual sore back and stiff legs. A victory!!