angling trust statement

john step

Reaction score
My maggots and pinkies have just been frozen for use in the future.
I have a lot of DIY to catch up on.
Looking forward to the better times.
Stay safe and be well everyone for when fishing resumes.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Sorry chaps but I called this fishing ban on.

Earlier in the year I bought a very large landing net to have a crack at the catfish on one of my club waters. As soon as it arrived so did lockdown. Then when we could fish again there was a suspected fish kill. The water was shut for months, by which time the water temperature had dropped. The flipping net has never even touched water. Earlier today my son ordered me a very nice predator net as a Christmas present. The bloody pike season will be over by the time we can fish again. Not only that but I also got a very nice pair of ESP thermal salopettes that arrived yesterday and a down filled jacket, also Christmas presents. I won’t see much use out of those this year by the look of things, bu88eration and ballcocks, I must be a total frigging jinx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikench

Reaction score
No point in coming home . I was tempted by the Trakker 2 piece suit but no point in getting one as it will be spring before I will be fishing. My new rod will not get used now for weeks. It could be worse; we are still here having a moan. Keep calm and well everybody and get the vaccine asap. Are there fish in fonts? I don't get the justification for this exception at all. Who wants to start a piscatorial religion where we worship in the open air the roach or Rudd or any other fish. The world is mad and I have no confidence in B.

Last edited:

theartist

Reaction score
My maggots have been in the fridge since late November, having had a self imposed no play all work close season, got free time now so it's now an endurance test, my moneys being on that little red one being the last one wriggling, can't wait to check on those little dudes, they matter too so spare a thought for all those in a fridge this spring.

MLM - Don't take a knee do 'The wriggle'

Badgerale

Reaction score
Looks like I won't get a chance to blank again for a few weeks.

In all seriousness, at least this happened in the winter - if it was mid June I really would be fuming.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I am just about in favor of it, not the popular view I know, I will get it in the neck for it but there you go. I just think fishing involves activity, going out, often driving to places, buying bait. The core idea of the lockdown is we all stay in as much as possible; I just hope it all works in the end and if the rules are not to my liking I will just have to live with that and look forward to the day it is lifted. It is very possible this might be the last lockdown so might just be the last hurdle to get through so, stick the old chin out and done with it.

john step

Reaction score
There will be the usual cry that fishing is an isolation in itself but I think this ban is correct because it sends a clear to everyone. No excuses, no whinging from golfers and gyms. No bending the rules I hope.
I also think the government has enough on its plate without fending off enquiries from the AT about interpretation of rules regarding fishing even if it was well intentioned. I appreciate they had to ask to make sure but what I am getting at is that once asked they should not nag and badger any further.

I dont think the main news channels have helped in their coverage of the rules throughout the recent tier systems. I think they have caused confusion. As I live in England I wanted the rules for where I live. Not only did I get those but all of a sudden I would be watching the rules for Scotland which were often different. Then there was Wales and NI. These regional variations seemed to take up an inordinate amount of time and I am sure some people were confused by who could do what?

Perhaps there are Scottish FM members who can tell whether the news was one for the whole of the UK and does the BBC for instance have a variation for Scotland . In short do the Scots have to wade through all the stuff for England, Wales and NI before getting to their own lockdown rules.

I hope the Runner sees this?

rayner

Reaction score
It's not too difficult to take, rules are there to try to offer a little safety to us all. I've been stuck at home since last March apart from medical and dentist excursions ?⚕
I'm sure a few more months will be no more hardship than that we've already coped with.

Reaction score
Well i've been out n the car today,dropped a parcel off to someone that's shielding,went and got some bread,we took my maggots and some cooked rice for the local parks wildlife whilst having a walk,then stopped at the chippie for our lunch,passed more people in one day than I would in a months fishing,and that is on the busy small river,well done experts....

Mattj1993

Reaction score
It's not too difficult to take, rules are there to try to offer a little safety to us all. I've been stuck at home since last March apart from medical and dentist excursions ?⚕
I'm sure a few more months will be no more hardship than that we've already coped with.
I agree, I have also been in since last March. The 'difficult to take' was simply in relation to fishing in isolation. But I agree it's a necessity and will mean we can get back out sooner.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Well i've been out n the car today,dropped a parcel off to someone that's shielding,went and got some bread,we took my maggots and some cooked rice for the local parks wildlife whilst having a walk,then stopped at the chippie for our lunch,passed more people in one day than I would in a months fishing,and that is on the busy small river,well done experts....
How much virus could you be sucking into your car intake, blowing out inside the car when you got the heater on. Blowing it out again to all the passer byes. I don't know I am just wondering if it is possible. Yours was essential journey but would going 10 miles fishing be one.

I walked down the sea front today, fair enough it is a main thoroughfare road but I calculated at least a 1000 cars passed any given spot in an hour. I just cannot believe they were all off to work or on an allowed trip, they certainly weren't getting exercise or going anywhere particular because it is all shut. I think they were either visiting relatives or just having a ride. If the police were stopping them and checking, not that I want that but I just wonder how many have an legitimate excuse. On the other hand the town sq. only had a bout 20 people in it instead of about 100.

Last edited:

Reaction score
Not as much as twenty minutes walking round a supermarket...

rayner

Reaction score
I think I give more anglers credit for doing the right thing, Mark. ?
It's not good to think the worst of people with no evidence unless of course, you have a little.

fishface1

Reaction score
I think I give more anglers credit for doing the right thing, Mark.
It's not good to think the worst of people with no evidence unless of course, you have a little.

Have you heard of Facebook?

If you have a few hours to spare, join a couple of fishing sites and see what your angling brethren are saying.