angling trust statement

Reaction score
On BBC's breakfast news bulletin for the East this morning they are stating angling has been allowed,without mentioning restrictions,forgive me,but I believe the BBC is broadly anti angling,so with the way it was read it stunk of intimating we shouldn't go(even though it is a legal pastime),plus giving some of our morons enough of a shove to travel to waters,even though that isn't in the statement...

mikench

Reaction score
Last year the DVLA gave us an extra 6 months grace on our MOT tests if they fell due. I wonder why, now the danger is more severe, they haven’t repeated the option?
I thought that as it makes more sense now than last year. My cars did less than 3k miles in the last year and show moss rather than rust.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I thought that as it makes more sense now than last year. My cars did less than 3k miles in the last year and show moss rather than rust.

MOT stations are open, mine goes in on Friday.

Parts on cars can deteriorate or seize through lack of use. A run around the block every week will help. Brake discs and drums are particularly prone to corrosion, as are hydraulic brake and clutch cylinders and callipers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TreborM

Reaction score
Ha ha your all so funny
I’ve been sheilding for ten months now having treatment for cancer and all sorts the lady that sat next to me in chemo past away a few weeks ago from covid she was so nice I miss her you think because I have trouble spelling Im backward stupid purile and enjoy taking the p i can live with it I have to so many creul people truth is Gump was a very nice man with a good heart not like some of you I joyned here thinking it wuld make me feel better not having been fishing for almost a year but this place has got some internet bullys just like facebook a few more Gumps in the world wuld be a good thing rite now

theartist

Reaction score
TreborM, my jest about Forrest Gump was not a dig at you nor Ray, I have no allegiance for either of you two in your debate, hope you pull through (y)

As peter just said things are proper stressed right now, no harm in a little blow out

rayner

Reaction score
TreborM, distressing news about your health. Listen we all have different views, after all, that's all these posts are. don't take too much notice of what's posted but your replies are just as valid as anyone else's. I've noticed your spelling it's not even close to how bad my own spelling is, no one really points it out normally so just carry on.
By the way, Ray Roberts is a very nice bloke as you seem to be.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Corvid and the fishing rules has been a bit of a hotbed for disagreement and misunderstandings on here as I am sure it has everywhere on the internet; everyone must be a bit stressed at the very least. Be nice to get back to normal like having a good laugh over the closed season, canoeists and carp anglers.
Good luck with your health problems Trebor, puts things into perspective. You shouldn't argue with Ray Roberts though, look what he did on D-Day:)

Last edited:

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Ha ha your all so funny
I’ve been sheilding for ten months now having treatment for cancer and all sorts the lady that sat next to me in chemo past away a few weeks ago from covid she was so nice I miss her you think because I have trouble spelling Im backward stupid purile and enjoy taking the p i can live with it I have to so many creul people truth is Gump was a very nice man with a good heart not like some of you I joyned here thinking it wuld make me feel better not having been fishing for almost a year but this place has got some internet bullys just like facebook a few more Gumps in the world wuld be a good thing rite now

I m genuinely sorry to hear of your misfortune. I wasn’t making fun of your spelling, but rather the fact that you posted the same sentence on almost every post and the fact you wrote your name backwards. Making the same post four times on the same thread would be considered trolling by most people, particularly if the person doing the trolling doesn’t offer any sort of logical argument.

Whatever I choose to do will ultimately have no bearing on the outcome of your illness or have been the cause of it for either you or your friend or anybody else for that matter.

Believe it or not I actually watched Forrest Gump on TV last night and I had forgotten what a good film it was. I apologise again if you thought I was mocking your spelling but I most definitely wasn’t.

Maybe it would be best to draw a line under this and move on. I feel that what we can take from this is; “Life is like a box of ch.........” Arghhhh, sorry again, I couldn’t help myself.

rayner

Reaction score
Back to how far we travel to fish, we meaning anglers, not myself I'm sustaining for now.
Do you think the Government are getting this wrong.
I believe they have limited the distance so angling is not seen as a special case, it's classed as an exercise by some I seriously doubt that personally because if I can find a way to fish anyone can I have trouble standing never mind trying to exercise. That's all by the way angling is allowed end of.
It could be the limitations on travel could be to stop before it starts that non-anglers who think they can have their exercise in some beauty spot miles away from home. From my point of view, our Government are doing as good a job as anyone else around the World.
If you have no fishing close by to enable you to fish then bad luck, take up knitting or sewing. :LOL:

chevin4

Reaction score
On BBC's breakfast news bulletin for the East this morning they are stating angling has been allowed,without mentioning restrictions,forgive me,but I believe the BBC is broadly anti angling,so with the way it was read it stunk of intimating we shouldn't go(even though it is a legal pastime),plus giving some of our morons enough of a shove to travel to waters,even though that isn't in the statement...
I totally agree with you Alan that the BBC is broadly anti angling. Sadly I think there will be a few anglers who will push the boundaries give them 10miles and they will take 200miles as a group we are our own worst enemies at times. I have seen how a few morons behave in one of my clubs where the membership have to be constantly reminded about their behaviour. I think if any transgressions occur and the BBC are aware they will be all over it like a rash.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Some fisheries have closed voluntary ,mainly to stop idiots travelling miles to fish them. One that is open has a sign up saying if not from the area you will be turned away,
I have 4 decent venues near me, 2 on the Thames, a canal and a gated club water,
The Thames venues are about 7 minutes ,the canal around 10 and club just shy of 20 minutes, At the moment due to weather I have not been to any, but the Thames is looking favourite, but if i get pestered by dog walkers, they seem to let the dogs run free or anyone walking , I will be travelling to club venue, I would say 9 to 10 miles tops ( club venue)is a fair distance to go fishing

rayner

Reaction score
I don't think waters that are close to my home would check where anglers came from, there are 6 within 5 miles. As soon as the OK was given gates opened within minutes I'll bet.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Some fisheries have closed voluntary ,mainly to stop idiots travelling miles to fish them. One that is open has a sign up saying if not from the area you will be turned away,
I have 4 decent venues near me, 2 on the Thames, a canal and a gated club water,
The Thames venues are about 7 minutes ,the canal around 10 and club just shy of 20 minutes, At the moment due to weather I have not been to any, but the Thames is looking favourite, but if i get pestered by dog walkers, they seem to let the dogs run free or anyone walking , I will be travelling to club venue, I would say 9 to 10 miles tops ( club venue)is a fair distance to go fishing

If the nearer venue for some reason or other wasn’t available would you be willing to travel to the next nearest? If not why not as you have already committed to going. The only difference really would be the length of time you are sitting in your car.

Reaction score
No Ray,it's illegal,it is not against the 'rules',you will not just get an endorsement of your book,you would be fined and a red mark would be put against your record,there is a big difference between one and the other,or there is where I come from anyway...

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Ray the 2 river stretches have plenty of room to fish, the stretch of the canal I use ,I can unship 11 metres of pole behind me, without coming in contact with anyone walking behind me.The two river stretches are a couple of miles apart, The canal is going the other way and on way to club venue,
If either of the river stretches were not available when got there ,I would go home,
Same as if the canal or club water was not available.Only because of the hassle going across town and the bypass to et to the other venues.

rayner

Reaction score
Rule-breaking is a thing that goes on in fishing well it is with me, I just ignore ridiculous commercial fishery rules. Breaking the law is a different matter altogether, there's only one result if law-breaking.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Rule-breaking is a thing that goes on in fishing well it is with me, I just ignore ridiculous commercial fishery rules. Breaking the law is a different matter altogether, there's only one result if law-breaking.
A commercial near wigan has a list of bait bans, even the owner does not enforce them.
A few commercials will have people coming round and doing rig checks, making sure only barbells hooks are used, and feedersxare free running, some allow x safe feeders,

rayner

Reaction score
I've never had any checks made on my bait or tackle, I do buy fishery pellets simply because it's not worth the effort driving elsewhere to save a couple of bobs.