Another 19lb Barbel?

P

Paul Williams

I have heard this fish was caught Friday afternoon so Fishingmagic is the very first to publish any details,nice one!! i wonder if one of the comics will still claim it as a first???
Now it's out and presuming it's true why not let the rest of us in on such an important fish? after all most know where it came from, i for one will not be joining the queue for the swim.
Whoever the captor is congratulations!! i was fully expecting to hear of a "20" before the end of the season but i hear the river is starting to get shut down because of the Foot and mouth problem,so perhaps no this year after all??
Hope the Ouse barbs don't lose to much condition without their protien fix!!

T

Tony Miles

My contacts tell me that this rumour is now at least ten days old. It was certainly brought to the attention of both John Baker and Stuart Morgan at least a week ago, but no substantiation has yet been received.
It was therefore certainly not caught last Friday unless, by coincidence, someone else took it at exactly the same weight.

D

Danny Hyde

Maybe F&m will give the thing some rest,
and maybe he'll move- keeps the mystery going.

T

Tony Miles

Phil Smith has been talking to one of the Northampton Specimen Group, who have been fishing the stretch hard this winter. The rumour was that one of these lads caught the fish.Phil is as sure as he can be that the whole thing is a colossal hoax.

P

Paul Williams

If anyone has started this rumour what can they possibly hope to gain? Bloody pathetic!!