Bailey & Coster – Our Way with…Big Roach

no-one in particular

Reaction score
It is a very good book and one that I take form the shelves to re-read from time to time.

If memory serves me correctly there was some controversy that his wife was the author rather than himself, but then I think that was down to Tom relating the events and his wife recording them . . . . .
Maybe Peter, I find I have to go over the odd sentence a couple of times and the terminology but these are small things. The value in the book is the description of fish behavior and the anglers. And this was the iconic area and era for a lot of anglers including me back in the day. I shall probably finish it off later but one I will keep.

Molehill

Reaction score
Tom Williams had a page in the Angling Times or Mail - I forget which - one of the first pages I turned to every week and always enjoyed reading his stories from the river.

chevin4

Reaction score
On the subject of books thanks to John for his review Fishing as we Find it. I thoroughly enjoyed the book and gave an insight into the big fish methods and tactics in the sixties which for me was a golden era.