Bargains. Let us know.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Brilliant, I wish my local spots had stuff like this. All I have up here is over priced rubbish, a completely broken Daiwa fly rod they wanted £45 for ?? anyone would think they were sitting on gold not broken tackle.

Would love a £5ish little project rod ?

This is one of those sprawling big open yard full of stuff kind of places. They were allowed to open by the council because it was semi open air. They are usually more expensive but it looked like new owners have taken over and they said they no nothing about fishing gear, I do! I also picked up a Victorian 3 flower pot holder with pots for £2, a big Victorian box thing for £4 that my sister will go nuts for and would pay £50 in London. And a Fortun and Mason double wine box for £6 in pristine nick. This I will decorate with pictures of floats or fish or something and find a fishing use for.
Keep looking, I find good bargains in second hand/ charity/junk shops now and then.

Last edited:

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Bought one of these and it’s very nice, used it today. Lovely slim blank but plenty of grunt... Comes in a ready rod bag which must be worth £10... Free next day delivery too..
Best £54 I’ve spent in a while...

Last edited:

Golden Eagle

Reaction score
Bought one of these and it’s very nice, used it today. Lovely slim blank but plenty of grunt... Comes in a ready rod bad which must be worth £10... Free next day delivery too..
Best £54 I’ve spent in a while...
I can’t see there being better value for money than these rods at that price? You’ve bagged a bargain there.

Mine’s had a good workout, taking well over a ton, and handled it well. A couple of double figures fish in the haul. A little more grunt than my Drennan Acolyte Carp Waggler. Casts well and picks up the line crisply when striking.

Absolute peach for the price!

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A bargain for sure, I don’t need one but tempted to buy just to think I’ve saved over a ton.?

steve2

Reaction score
I was very tempted till I remembered I already have a pellet waggler rod in my collection. It's my go to small stream float / ledger rod.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
If I hadn't bought the shimano rods, I would have been looking at something like that.
The Speedcast is a great feeder rod to use and had some decent carp on it, The 13' Aspire Ultra casts like a dream and has a great pick up on the strike.
Not tried the 15/17 Aspire yet, two friends have seen it and handled it and made good offers for it,more than what I paid. but not selling it.

rayner

Reaction score
I ordered a new waterproof bib and brace with a jacket for fishing through winter, it came this morning.
A quality garment by the feel of it. IMAX brand, it was made in China but I suspect most other makes are. It's padded with a sewn-in fleece lining and a detachable hood. It actually says it's an ocean-going product so I expect it to be fully waterproof like it says.
A bargain at less than 80 quid. I should be snug through the colder months. Clever those Chinese.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Orvis are giving a discount at the moment, couldn't resist another safe passage sling pack. Saved 30 nicker on the normal price and orderd the brown camo for a change :)

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There is an orvis shop about 20 minutes from me,

Your laughing then Mark, go check it out, they do some nice clothes as well as fishing gear. Up to now any orvis gear i've had has been pretty good quality.

seth49

Reaction score
This could be handy on the bank if you need more liquidised bread etc, it’s powered with a cord pull, so no electric needed.
In Lidl now.
461A712D-0FC2-4EEB-BB81-CF6FEB5BC638.png

Steve Ruff

Reaction score
one of the best things I have purchased recently was a fox drop bucket ... ideal when you need to easily get some water without the usual messing about ... not cheap but worth every penny