Bargains. Let us know.

Notts Michael.

Reaction score
Don't give the tackle manufacturers ideas, unless you've negotiated a deal with them for the 'Clamp-on, fits all chairs, bird feeding station'

seth49

Reaction score
Is your chair fixed now Keith?
No it’s its a new one mike, still waiting for the replacement part from Korum, I’ve too many attachments to change my chair, don’t use the wheel kit anymore, it just goes on my barrow. The old one will do as a garden chair.

seth49

Reaction score
I know you guys like to carry a lot of kit but aren't the bird feeders fitted to the back of the chair a tad over the top
The bird feeders are about eight feet behind the chair, it just looks like they are attached.

mikench

Reaction score
Preston emailed me today to say they have no idea when they will have any stock of chairs or parts for chairs. Not good. They also deny there are any major issues with which you and I would disagree. I too have bought a new chair( A JRC Stealth) and a barrow as otherwise I could be waiting forever. I have adapted my accessories to fit. It's annoying though.

chrissh

Reaction score
Preston emailed me today to say they have no idea when they will have any stock of chairs or parts for chairs. Not good. They also deny there are any major issues with which you and I would disagree. I too have bought a new chair( A JRC Stealth) and a barrow as otherwise I could be waiting forever. I have adapted my accessories to fit. It's annoying though.
Mike, I had the same with Preston denying the new chairs have problems

I had the new X25 deluxe Korum chair and barrow kit , the bar that the wheel kit fits into snaped on the weld the round legs would never stay in precision and for ever slipping

I bought the Trakker levelite long back and fitted all the Korum attachment to it the plus side is the chair is less than half the weight of the X25

mikench

Reaction score
Thanks Chris. I knew this issue was more widespread than Preston will admit. In my case it was the welds on the bar where the front legs go which fractured and broke free( twice) rendering the chair and barrow kit useless. I think it's the extra stress caused by raising up the chair which contributes to the problem. Preston deny this supposition.

I'll wait for the replacement part but won't hold my breath. At least I've got a replacement which is light and comfortable and more important useable.

seth49

Reaction score
Same with me, the weld just ripped away from the alloy bar which held the legs, the metal was very thin, and not strong enough to do it’s intended job, they seem to have sacrificed strength for lighter weight, on a smooth surface with no obstructions it might have been ok, but if the wheel dropped in a hole or hit a root, it wasn’t strong enough to withstand this, so really to me it was not fit for purpose.

I have done a repair to mine so I can at least use the chair to sit out in the garden, I’ll put a couple of photos of this up later. It’s a pity it was a good idea, just not up to the job it was intended for.

By the way mick who I fish with has had the same problem with his chair, so it’s not uncommon.

seth49

Reaction score
Here’s the photos I’ve just taken, showing my repair. You can see the damage to the bar on the outside of the weld in the second photo.
81FD8FD7-9A2B-4DC1-981D-23B84FB9807C.jpeg
08FF7BCD-1A7B-4D15-8A7F-EBADFB0431B5.jpeg
73AC120B-8094-459C-BF0F-6D3C453EC329.jpeg

steve2

Reaction score
My late Father in Law was an engineering toolmaker and he couldn’t believe just how just shoddy some of the welds on his broken chairs and trolleys were.

I have recently found in his garage broken trolleys and chairs that he just never got round to fixing.
I can still hear him saying “just look at the state of this and they have the cheek call them engineers”.

His other bugbear was plastic being used instead of metal fixings.

seth49

Reaction score
Once of a day I could have taken these to a local engineering firm and they would have copied these in steel, now sadly gone, I don’t know of any small engineering firms local, that would do this now.

Reaction score
It's bloody disgusting that something that costs so much,is so sh1t,I had a Fox go many years ago,had the welder where I worked TIG weld it,I think it will see us both out,he passed some twenty years ago(RIP ****),sadly I wasn't practiced at TIG welding,though I wanted to learn,what I knew was self taught,so I daren't do it on a 'proper' job,pretty good at MIG,gas welding,silver soldering and lead soldering,or was lol...

flightliner

Reaction score
Once of a day I could have taken these to a local engineering firm and they would have copied these in steel, now sadly gone, I don’t know of any small engineering firms local, that would do this now.
Farmers beside the river Witham in the old days would sometimes be waiting at the station for the "anglers specials" trains from Sheffield of a weekend as they had arranged for some small engineering job or welding to be done by some angler or other in one of the local steelworks.
The payoff was often a box of fruit or veg with the odd lucky angler being given permission to access a small out of bounds to anglers lake or pond on the farmers land.

seth49

Reaction score
I guess this is why there are none of the Korum chairs and parts coming into the country any more.
They have brought out a new model of there chair, and changed the legs back to square etc.

steve2

Reaction score
So my original square legged Korum chair is now back in fashion. Never had problem with screw marks on the legs it's a fishing after all that is meant to be used and abused. Only problem I had was the weight. Can't see those plastic rubber type leg fitting lasting that long in the real world.

Reaction score
Still use mine Steve,i've filed the excess burrs of several times...

mikench

Reaction score
Interesting. The attachment to the crossmembers looks the same so that frailty will remain. I wonder what they cost. I assume the previous round fittings can be made to fit. I doubt I'll get one now.

seth49

Reaction score
They have changed it a bit, the wheels are connected to the legs now, whether it’s any stronger like this remains to be seen, although I’ve bought hundreds of pounds worth of Korum gear, I’ve gone off them now, due to the problems I’ve had with the chair.

mikench

Reaction score
So have I Keith. I have just sent them an email saying how disappointed I am and asking what they propose to do if they cannot supply a replacement part. I have suggested they offer a new one as a direct replacement or at a discounted price. If I do not receive some a satisfactory outcome I shall let my view be more widely known. I bet the new chair is even more expensive. It is not a cheap chair and the X25 clearly has faults otherwise they wouldnt change it.