Best food processor for making liquidised bread?

peterjg

Reaction score
I keep breaking food processors when making liquidised bread, are there any other ways of making it? Or can you recommend a decent one, many thanks. So far the Kenwood and Cookworks ones have proven to be not strong enough.

mikench

Reaction score
I bought a Ninja Professional Chopper [NJ1002UKBK] Stackable of the bay on offer at £19.95 and it works a treat and is very powerful. I had a Lidl one which worked for 18 months and which cost £9.99 and then gave up the ghost. I received a full refund. The Ninja makes short work of bread and crusts. Amazon have the same one for £24.99 . Those currently on the bay are a stupid price. Mine is only used for liquidised bread.

Last edited:

rubio

Reaction score
I've been using same Braun for over 20 years. I prefer to liquidise stale, not yet hard bread, and pulse it first. Also break it up a bit before putting in machine and not overload it. Not sure if that's enough to explain better performance tho. Do you let motor cool a little between batches?

rayner

Reaction score
I use a small processor from Aldi, it was only a tenner, it works fine only had it a couple of seasons though.
I use old bread at least 1 week old so it drys a little before it's blitzed, fresh bread causes too much blitzing to get it fine enough for how I use it.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I recommend the Duronic, admittedly it is big, heavy and noisy but mine is still going strong after four years of abuse, its extremely powerful and well made.

peterjg

Reaction score
Many thanks everyone for your advice and replies.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I have been using Sainsburys own brand.
No problems at all with it.
Use it with crusts on and crusts off. 3 full sized loaves will give you 9 pints of liquidized bread.
If you tear the bread into strips and do about 5 at a time,I have found that to be ideal.. I also blitz frozen breadcrumbs a few times until they are like flour.This is for winter fishing.
It's been used for blitzing luncheon meat, ( lots of boiling water need to clean it afterwards) dont blitz meat to much or it ends up like blancmange. Also blitzed corn with it.

Reaction score
Well,I use a coffee grinder and do two slices at a time,doesn't take long to do a loaf,crusts and all,it's small and sits in its box in my tackle room,without taking up much space thats required for rods,bait,seats,nets,rods,rods and rods.....:rolleyes:

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Mark, do you add crumb before you blitz your meat.
This is not a euphemism
I add it afterwards, I use a fine groundbait to stiffen it up, and mix by hand.
Another thing I do with meat is to put it through a cutter a few times to get different shapes,wet it then put it in baitbox with a layer of groundbait, cover box and shake it.