BIG PERCH CHALLENGE XI

John Aston

Reaction score
A 4-1 , 3- 11 and 3-3 today - biggest pictured.
perch 4.jpg

Philip

Reaction score
What a cracker & amazing catch.

Well done.

fishface1

Reaction score
That is an absolute beauty!

You’ve got to love a perch that’s as broad is an ox and as bold as a peacock.

Reminds me of the wonderful drawings in Bernard Venable’s books.

John Aston

Reaction score
Planning to revisit next week- some extra water is likely today . Greedy to hope for one even bigger, and I've had a fantastic run of good fortune but a couple more two plus fish would be a nice punctuation mark within which to end the season . We'll see!

ian g

Reaction score
You are on a roll , my favourite fish . I hope to get a couple of sessions in on the Severn before the close .

John Aston

Reaction score
Cripes -looks as though it has enjoyed a pie or ten recently . I know I'm not to ask but no scales with you ?

Dangler40

Reaction score
Cripes -looks as though it has enjoyed a pie or ten recently . I know I'm not to ask but no scales with you ?
Hi Grayson,
No, I had a set of Reuben Heaton 9000 electronic scales with me but when I fired them up they were showing 8oz and would not zero. I could have weighed the fish and deducted 8oz but as there was obviously a fault so that would have been no guarantee of accuracy. I'm purely a pleasure fisherman and am not one for loads of photos and weighing or in competition with anyone else. The only reason I went to weigh it in the first place was because it was the first Perch to ever make my legs wobble when I saw it. It was from a very small water full of small Roach and Rudd and the only way to get through to the better Roach was to fish a small cube of meat on a size 10 medium wire hook. It must have hit the Roach just as it was hooked because I thought it was a small Carp and bullied it in until it came to the net ! A pure fluke but a lovely one nonetheless. The cherry on the cake was that the Roach as well as the Perch went back alive. With the amount of small Roach and Rudd in the water it was not hard to see where its waistline had come from, it was living in a larder.

John Aston

Reaction score
So , is there a date I need to pencil in for the awards ceremony ? I'm working on the acceptance speech already..

john step

Reaction score
Well done. Some lovely perch. I think however you are under the misapprehension that you win an award. What actually happens is that you buy a round for all the other contestants. ?