Bite alarm advice

Keith M

Reaction score
It may be a silly question; but have you tried just turning the volume control all the way down? I’m sure I can do this on my Fox alarms.

Failing that with a soldering iron and some arraldite you might be able to fit a simple on/off switch (or button) to isolate the speaker(s) ?

Keith

chrisjpainter

Reaction score
It may be a silly question; but have you tried just turning the volume control all the way down? I’m sure I can do this on my Fox alarms.

Failing that with a soldering iron and some arraldite you might be able to fit a simple on/off switch (or button) to isolate the speaker(s) ?

Keith
Turning the volume all the way down is just as vexing, because you have to cycle all the way through the volume settings to get there, so that's a lot of bleeping already! I have now bought a Vader X. It seemed the best all rounder...except it's an 8-note bleep to turn it off and a 3-note bleep to turn it off. Again, equally as annoying!

So, I've emailed Sonik to ask about their circuit boards to see how easy it would be to isolate the power button from the alarm, so when I turn it on or off, you just get the light and no bleeping. Customer Services passed it on to their tech gurus buried in a basement somewhere, so I wait for them to get back to me.

Fun and games.