Bleaking...

Reaction score
50lbs of roach is vaguely possible,I dont see 25lb of bleak in match results,someone would be doing it if it was viable,especially as the little blighters are everywhere...

Reaction score
Mike,it is hard work I always found counting better than watching the float,I counted between 5 and 6 for Clive Branson striking,often when the float goes they have let go and shredded your maggot...

silvers

Reaction score
Mike,it is hard work I always found counting better than watching the float,I counted between 5 and 6 for Clive Branson striking,often when the float goes they have let go and shredded your maggot...
I often use this method for catching dace on the waggler ... they’re even quicker than bleak to shred the bait!
it’s amazing how quickly a fish will grab the bait when feeding at the surface ... Count of one sometimes!

rob48

Reaction score
I often use this method for catching dace on the waggler ... they’re even quicker than bleak to shred the bait!
it’s amazing how quickly a fish will grab the bait when feeding at the surface ... Count of one sometimes!
If the dace are having it on the waggler I often tighten the line after casting like you would to straighten up a stick float while the shot are falling. This obviously keeps the waggler submerged but you can usually feel the fish take the bait through the taught line and they generally hook themselves.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
...bolt rigging for Dace...its a slippery slope...buzzers and a bivvy next ;) :)
I used to use a decent size drilled bullet on a shortish length of line to a stonfo and decent elastic on the pole, No float needed .
Lower baited hook in the water, self hooking rig for roach and rudd.They would hook themselves against the weight of the bullet.