Boddington 2021?

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I found a seatbox OK if the front legs are on the lower step and the back on the one behind if that makes sense. I dont have a platform on the front of it.
At first sight its rather daunting. A huge water with a rocky bank but every 15 yds or so there are anglers steps. Every now and again down the steps is a concrete platform. There are holes next to the platform to enable an umbrella......................... but............... when windy ones brolly will take off and float away like a coracle with angler chasing it. Ask Simon! I wish my camera was ready . :ROFLMAO:
Seatbox it is then, I have a double arm brolly holder attached to it.
Had a couple of brollies go in the canal years ago when I thought they were OK in the ground.

john step

Reaction score
Anymore bods up for this ?
Its a good day out and if you like roach this is for you. Its not a comp and everyone catches a few decent roach. There are carp on the method if thats anyones desire.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Let’s hope for better conditions than last time. Strangely I did better when it was blowing a gale. Hard to believe these pictures were only a few hours apart.
c1b56acba3a2f1913632408fcbfa17d0.jpg

1ea40c9cfaadf045035933ae6d11d989.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve King

Reaction score
Yeah, it was strange that day! It was slightly blowy and rainy in the car park, but it was a storm on the reservoir once I climbed up the slope!

I too caught better when it was blowing a gale! I used a straight lead, mainly because the rod was already set up and I didn’t fancy leaving the shelter of my umbrella!

Hopefully the weather will be kinder to us this time!