Boddington 2021?

Steve King

Reaction score
Is anyone interested in a casual fish-in at Boddington in late August or early September?

Which of the following is ok for you? 28 or 29 August, 4 or 5 September?

john step

Reaction score
Fine by me, just need to sort out what I will be taking.
Last 2 years a waggler and maggot/casters was all that was needed for some quality roach. No keepnet needed. The roach were not tackle shy.
If the water is up the top it will be deep close in. I would consider a pole but PC can advise better on that.
There are lots of carp for the match anglers in there. From what I have read its all method for them . Most FM ers seem to take the advantage of the quality roach.
There was a biblical wind and rain last year and float fishing was just about impossible. I caught roach on a light maggot feeder/picker rod .

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Last 2 years a waggler and maggot/casters was all that was needed for some quality roach. No keepnet needed. The roach were not tackle shy.
If the water is up the top it will be deep close in. I would consider a pole but PC can advise better on that.
There are lots of carp for the match anglers in there. From what I have read its all method for them . Most FM ers seem to take the advantage of the quality roach.
There was a biblical wind and rain last year and float fishing was just about impossible. I caught roach on a light maggot feeder/picker rod .
What's best for sitting on ,? Chair or seatbox ?

john step

Reaction score
What's best for sitting on ,? Chair or seatbox ?
I found a seatbox OK if the front legs are on the lower step and the back on the one behind if that makes sense. I dont have a platform on the front of it.
At first sight its rather daunting. A huge water with a rocky bank but every 15 yds or so there are anglers steps. Every now and again down the steps is a concrete platform. There are holes next to the platform to enable an umbrella......................... but............... when windy ones brolly will take off and float away like a coracle with angler chasing it. Ask Simon! I wish my camera was ready . :ROFLMAO: