Boddington 2021?

nottskev

Reaction score
I can't think offhand of any day ticket waters under £5, so £6 for this place didn't seem at all over-priced to me. If there's some surcharge to pay for security, I'd say that's still a bargain. There have been a few places over the years where I'd like to have fished but the parking place was notorious for break-ins, a famous Long Eaton Trent stretch, for instance. A solution costing a quid or so would have been welcome.

Someone said yesterday morning not to leave any stuff in your car. That's impractical for me - there's always stuff in my car, from the satnav I needed to find the place to tackle (not rods or reels) and clothing not wanted on the day. Once we realised the security/car park bloke was there for the day, I didn't have to give it a further thought.

I know it seems bad when a pretty, out of the way spot is a car-crime risk, but I guess it is that exactly because anglers leave their cars out of sight for hours and there's nobody about.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
A day ticket has always been £6. All the C. &R.T. ressies are the same price. We didn’t pay for the security.
I think the match men pay for him to be there.

steve2

Reaction score
Car security when fishing is a big issue there are many places I use to fish where I wouldn't now leave my car.
Thieves know these places and know you will be away for some hours. Even in my locked club car parks cars have been broken into when people have been night fishing.

wetthrough

Reaction score
Hope you're feeling better Simon. OAPs were £4, they had to put it up for whatever reason. Probably the same reason some clubs have. Anglers are nearly all OAPs.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I hung it out until about 5:30. The fishing picked up a little and I continued to catch till I packed up.

When the foreign guy with the loud voice left I thought for a moment that I’d gone deaf. Imagine having to suffer that every time you went fishing.

I was pleased I decided to bring a barrow for transporting my gear. Though my arms are now about 6 inches longer than when I started. I thought that there was a match at the other corner of the reservoir near where I parked but chatting to some of the guys fishing there it seems to be a bit of a hot spot. This may be because it’s more frequently fished due to there being two lay-byes near by.

It was nice putting some faces to some of the guys I hadn’t met before. Not a bad day’s fishing to be honest. The fish I caught all seemed in tip-top condition.
44f534882f143ac3fadf4dbaf365ea56.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

john step

Reaction score
Hope you're feeling better Simon. OAPs were £4, they had to put it up for whatever reason. Probably the same reason some clubs have. Anglers are nearly all OAPs.
Yes we paid £4 last year. I wasn't complaining about the price or the security. Just making an observation.