Bought a newbie...

Reaction score
Got myself a Cadence CR10 11' #2 float,reports will follow if we start catching some fish...:rolleyes:

silvers

Reaction score
Iirc you had the 12ft no. 3 already? ... and Subsequently purchased an acolyte? Which gap in your arsenal will this one fill?

IMO the 13ft #2 is the best “all round” float rod that I’ve used ... but my experience is not particularly wide.

Reaction score
The acolyte ultra 13ft is a lightish line rod,which though i've had big fish on it,it is more a marathon playing wise,the 13ft #3 Cadence,which is more a big fish rod,in hindsight the 13ft #2 would have been more what I was after at the time,not unhappy with the #3 mind,the 11ft #2 is for fishing tight swims with shallow water,I might have gone for a 12fter,but two piece rods of that length don't work for me,so there you are,that's my excuse for spending my hard earned,lol...

And yes Mike,I like it already,had a play out in the garden,had three tench and a carp,in my dreams...

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
M
The acolyte ultra 13ft is a lightish line rod,which though i've had big fish on it,it is more a marathon playing wise,the 13ft #3 Cadence,which is more a big fish rod,in hindsight the 13ft #2 would have been more what I was after at the time,not unhappy with the #3 mind,the 11ft #2 is for fishing tight swims with shallow water,I might have gone for a 12fter,but two piece rods of that length don't work for me,so there you are,that's my excuse for spending my hard earned,lol...

And yes Mike,I like it already,had a play out in the garden,had three tench and a carp,in my dreams...
Mike cant even catch those in his dreams ??

silvers

Reaction score
Makes sense Alan, especially as it’s the 13ft you already had!

enjoy the rod ... i’m sure that you will!

rob48

Reaction score
Never difficult to find a reason to acquire another rod.
As mentioned above the 13' #2 would make a really good all-rounder and seemed very similar to the Shakespeare Superteam 13' which I've found copes with just about any form of float fishing.
Hope you enjoy your new 11 footer.

chevin4

Reaction score

Alan is the 11ft version two piece and marketed as a pellet waggler rod

Reaction score
It is two piece,but is medium actioned,very nice,had six nice tench today on it,just to see if I liked it.... ;)

Sean89

Reaction score
Found this funny as the guy who was designing for Shakespeare now works for cadence ?

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
James Robbins is a good angler, as well as easy to get on with.He did a lot of work with Shakespeare.
Cadence have some good anglers/ambassadors on their books.
Cadence also do a lot for the charity "Get Hooked On Fishing "

Sean89

Reaction score
James Robbins is a good angler, as well as easy to get on with.He did a lot of work with Shakespeare.
Cadence have some good anglers/ambassadors on their books.
Cadence also do a lot for the charity "Get Hooked On Fishing "
I think he’s a very good angler and have watched all his videos on YouTube ?
I also have quite a lot of the Shakespeare agility range that I find is spot on ??

Last edited:

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
I think he’s a very good angler and have watched all his videos on YouTube ?
I also have quite a lot of the Shakespeare agility range that I find is spot on ??
I keep looking for a Shakespeare Agility Continental feeder rod. It has more backbone than the standard Agility feeder rod.
I have the Mach ( cant remember the number) wand, had some good fish on that.

Sean89

Reaction score
The landing net is really good I like the rubber mesh netting. It has bad reviews on Amazon but I’ve seen no faults with it what so ever.

mikench

Reaction score
I have an agility 12 feeder with 3 tips a 2oz glass, a2oz carbon and a 3 oz carbon . Strong rod. My second biggest carp at 19lb was caught on it. I have no complaints about their stuff . I’ve got an Agility barbel rod at 1.75tc as well. I have a couple of their beachcasters too.

chevin4

Reaction score
Not a newbie but feels like one. I was finally reunited with my 13ft SU Harrison float rod today my rod builder has had it since March. John Hutchinson has once again done a cracking job and the rod looks like new. John has been very busy hence the wait, a lot of anglers have asked him to refurbish and/or repair old favourites and classics. He has given the rod a matt finish this is a good thing as the rod will primarily be used as a tench rod in gin clear water. What was good enough for Peter Stone (who disliked glossy rods) is certainly good enough for me. Can't wait until Thursday where I hope an outsize Tinca will put a serious bend in the rod.

davebhoy

Reaction score
I keep looking for a Shakespeare Agility Continental feeder rod. It has more backbone than the standard Agility feeder rod.
I have the Mach ( cant remember the number) wand, had some good fish on that.
Mark

I sent you a pm about a Shakespeare Agility continental feeder.

its missing a tip, has no bag and is missing a ring on the middle section but it’s yours for the price of postage