Cadence CS7 reels....

Reaction score
I bought these earlier in the year,in a buy one get one free deal,so two reels for £69.99,plus postage,one reel is spooled up for float fishing,the other for feeder and barbel fishing,since purchase i've caught a lot of fish,barbel,chub,roach,dace,tench,crucians,some decent carp,I cannot fault these reels for the price and I mean the £69.99 price per reel,super smooth gearing,clutch the same,I actually wonder what the CS10's are like,if they are better wow,if this reel was a Daiwa or Shimano it would cost double,simples...

Pikerwoods

Reaction score
I brought two buy 1 get 2 as well and put 3000 on float rod, Cadence 11ft no 2 and 4000 on their 10ft no 2 feeder rod. Just put spare 3000 on my Okuma Lurmania rod loaded with 10lb braid as shallow spool which comes with these reels is for braid having longer skirt on spool and rubber band insert on spool.

Reaction score
Just an update,still really chuffed with these reels,I have caught lots of barbel,chub,roach,crucians,bream on a variety of methods,fantastic drag system,this comes from someone who is generally critical and soon finds any iffy points,i've heard people moaning about the way the bail shuts,ie shutting by turning the handle,something that I stopped doing since I got rid of my Mitchell 300's and matches,it stopped me bumping fish when trotting and completely irradicated bail spring failures....Anyway,i've now ordered a CS10 4000,this reel has a magnesium body,so is lighter than the norm....

This is a personal review as I am not sponsored by Cadence in any way and as Okuma seem to be the reel of choice on this review page,a different tack is needed imo,especially as I wouldn't use an okuma for hardcore....

Reaction score
Well,the CS10 has arrived and wow,three spools,with reducers,single and double handle,10+1 bearings,itching to use it now....

rob48

Reaction score
I've got the CS4 and CS5, both were free with rods during one of their promotions. I had the CS4 with the Cadence wand, it matches up perfectly with that and also suits light stick float fishing. I use the CS4 with braid on my Cresta Blackthorn light feeder rod or for waggler fishing with the other spool on. They're both silky smooth and a delight to use. I've not seen the CS10 but I expect it's pretty impressive.

rayner

Reaction score
I have a CS4 3000, at £40 it is a giveaway price. the gearing is a little quick at 6.2 to 1 the retrieve is a little quick making light hook lengths kink if winding in too quick. It is a decent reel but I prefer my Shimano Aero, which was nearly £90 so not a good comparison.
The Cadence C4 is well worth the money.

Reaction score
I agree with the gear ratio,I tend to retrieve sadately,lol,i'm pretty sure James Robbins gave me some extras as from what I saw on the website it's supposed to come with two spools,I got three,also I got three reducers,plus a double handle to buy an extra spool is a tenner,as is the double handle as an optional extra,which along with it being 20% off is pretty good in my book....