Can you be a keen angler but not go fishing ?

John Aston

Reaction score
You must try harder ! I'm nobbut a bairn at 71 and I'm planning my first grayling trip of the winter on Sunday , now we've got some cold weather .And possibly some perching tomorrow .

steve2

Reaction score
I did something I have not done for a while I sorted out my tackle which as been buried in the garage since we moved house and popped into a tackle shop for a chat about local fishing.
I could feel the old must go fishing feeling coming back when the weather improves although looks perfect.

nottskev

Reaction score
I did something I have not done for a while I sorted out my tackle which as been buried in the garage since we moved house and popped into a tackle shop for a chat about local fishing.
I could feel the old must go fishing feeling coming back when the weather improves although looks perfect.

Good for you. HDYGO post coming up? I've found when I've been obliged to forego fishing for a spell that the chores of getting all the gear etc sorted are part of the obstacles to resuming. But if I just grasp the nettle and go once - I usually re-start with something simple that doesn't need a stack of gear or a lot of prep - I remember why I like it and I find myself on the way back planning where to go next, or how to go back where I've been and do it better. I find it much easier to fish regularly than to go occasionally, partly because the gear, or various sets of gear, is ready to be used and my interest remains alive.

Philip

Reaction score
Always good to see people coming back to the sport. When I am feeling a bit in a rut or lacking enthusiasm I usually take that as a hint to go out and do a bit of chubbing on a small river. Roving about with just one rod and a loaf of bread always seems to get the batteries recharged again.