Delkims problem

Lucy Purswell

Reaction score
Hi I have 4 delkims ,early one's that have the sender unit attached to under side with a wire ariel . I have not used them in a good while (2 years or more,
new batteries,so not that. bit only 1 works via receiver unit other 3 intermittent but works ok when volume is turned up, any suggestions, I believe Delkim wont repair them because they are now obsolete . I want to sell them off as I have bought newer ones they work fine as just an alarm but not wireless set up (other than the one) ,,any ideas ???

Keith M

Reaction score
Have you checked them for any faulty soldered wire connections?
In the past I’ve had solder fail a couple of times on my older bite alarms because of faulty soldering on wiring.

You might find the problem straight away if you have a good look and wiggle inside them. Or just ask an electrician friend to look for you if you are not very confident in doing it yourself.

Keith

Last edited:

Lucy Purswell

Reaction score
don't think there is a problem with wiring as they work intermittently and fine when volume is turned up or just as normal indicators ,i.e. without transmitter device. all very odd

Keith M

Reaction score
don't think there is a problem with wiring as they work intermittently and fine when volume is turned up or just as normal indicators ,i.e. without transmitter device. all very odd
Working intermittently is a sure sign of a faulty connection somewhere in the circuit/wiring; like a faulty soldered connection somewhere in the circuit which has become a bit loose with age and needs resoldering.

A soldering iron has fixed similar problems in a couple of my older bite alarms in the past; and it’s normally a very simple job to do; or get someone else to do for you if you don’t have a soldering iron or are a bit unsure of doing it yourself.

Keith

Last edited:

ian g

Reaction score
I'd think Keith is probably right , a dab around on any connections with a small hot soldering iron will most likely sort out any issues . You can get what they call dry joints , where the solder has quite flowed all around a connection caused by grease/ dirt impeding the solder flow . Certainly wont do any harm if you take care.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
If the alarms are working properly on their own then the problem has to be with the receiver, and more than likely a bad connection. If you know someone with the same receiver then try it using theirs as a test.

Delks are ridiculously expensive so it is well worth the trouble to source a repair . . . . .