Drop shotting history

steve2

Reaction score
Just been reading an old fishing book where there is a perch fishing tactic called Drop Minnow. Basically you have a minnow on a hook with a weight below it and you lower the rig into the water and move it up and down also says if you haven’t got any minnows try a worm on the hook sound like dropshotting to me. Nothing new in fishing it would seem just things that get forgotten about.

tommos16

Reaction score
Sea Anglers have effectively fished the method for decades, Mackrel feathers are a twist on the method I suppose. I doubt, outside of the next "latest and greatest" Carp rig there's many new methods to find! Interesting though

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Philip

Reaction score
I used to read about drop minnow fishing as a kid in old angling books and when I saw drop shotting become popular a few years ago my reaction was thats basically drop minnow fishing.

I have some quite old lures I came across in a boot fair some years ago that are basically rubber minnows with a tiny spinner vane attached. If I can dig them out I'll post a photo but these were around a long long time before anyone used the term "drop shotting"