Fast sinking mono.

Ray5ew

Reaction score
Hi folks, can anyone please recommend the best fast sinking mono that also casts well for distance feeder fishing on a deep lake with very little weed? Thanks a lot.

Crystal Bend

Reaction score

hague01

Reaction score
Hi. I have been looking at fast sinking for feeder work. Tried many including xl. I have just bought and loaded some reels, but not tried yet, kryston kryptonite, yes silly name, but it is flouro coated mono. Feels very smooth and supposed to sink very quickly. Not sure how it will re act to my polaris float fishing but hope to find out soon and will report findings.

hague01

Reaction score
tried the kryston kryptonite for the 1st time today. The feeder line dropped beautifully. On the polaris float rod, I found when using light floats such as 1/2/and 3, I had difficulty raising the float( in fact couldnt) but with more buoyant polaris such as the waggler, the line was perfect! I suspect the sinking qualities' of the line adversely effect the lighter version floats.

chevin4

Reaction score
It depends on what breaking strain you are going to use. In the heavier strains Esp Synro Loaded is a good reliable sinking line.

mikench

Reaction score
I concur with the above. I also use and like Dave Harrell's feeder line and Shimano Technium black.

Ray5ew

Reaction score
Hi. I have been looking at fast sinking for feeder work. Tried many including xl. I have just bought and loaded some reels, but not tried yet, kryston kryptonite, yes silly name, but it is flouro coated mono. Feels very smooth and supposed to sink very quickly. Not sure how it will re act to my polaris float fishing but hope to find out soon and will report findings.
[/Q
tried the kryston kryptonite for the 1st time today. The feeder line dropped beautifully. On the polaris float rod, I found when using light floats such as 1/2/and 3, I had difficulty raising the float( in fact couldnt) but with more buoyant polaris such as the waggler, the line was perfect! I suspect the sinking qualities' of the line adversely effect the lighter version floats.
Thanks a lot. With this being a fluorocarbon coated mono did you notice any loss of distance in longer casts at all ? Cheers.

Golden Eagle

Reaction score
I’m not a feeder expert but did try Maver Stone River, as recommended above, and found it an excellent line. Some may be put off by the colour though, it’s red. Had no negative effect on my catch rates, performing well.

I tend to use cheaper bulk spooks of Daiwa Sensor these days.

Ray5ew

Reaction score
Cheers, yes Maver Stone River does seem to get really good reviews but like you mentioned about the red colour I was wondering if that has any effect on camouflage in gin clear waters.

Pete Shears

Reaction score
The fastest sinking and heaviest line I have ever used is X-Line, that heavy it will pull up heavy bobbins on leger set-ups to the butt rings, no need to degrease it to break the surface film.

Golden Eagle

Reaction score
Cheers, yes Maver Stone River does seem to get really good reviews but like you mentioned about the red colour I was wondering if that has any effect on camouflage in gin clear waters.
When fishing method feeder set ups, only the hooklength gets close to the fish. Never had any issues with the colour myself.

hague01

Reaction score
Ps. I used the kryptonite yesterday in deep water, 20' with a suitable Polaris. Worked a treat. Problem is though I caught 1 fish. Now I don't know if it was the line, the hook bait, paste, groundbait, pellets or glug. Ho ho