Feeling like a pack horse.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Make a list of only those things you know for certain you will use. Take that. Do not be tempted by what might come in useful. Works for me.
That's sounds good but what happens if say you are fishing the pole or waggler, and the fish are responding more to a feeder set up.
Some venues I fish you need all 3 set ups, others just a pole or waggler and feeder.
On the majority of venues I would say you need two set ups,
As for bait, I always have pellets ,hard, soft hookers and a handful of expanders if required, then it's either maggots, worms,bread corn or meat, it will be two of those that I take.

xenon

Reaction score
Granted, this approach is the polar opposite to taking everything you might conceivably need, but I think most people take far more than they will ever need, just in case.

magellan

Reaction score
Those of us who live in Greater Manchester will possibly remember the fire at the storage facility in Denton on Feb. 21. Well every last hook length of my fishing tackle was in there. So I now have two rods intead of five, two reels instead of four, one bag half full instead of two bags full to the brim with god knows what. In a way the fire did me a favour, I have just what I need and no more, it's all brand new top quality and it only cost half the insurance money. My biggest issue was as I improved and updated stuff I still carried all the old stuff "just in case" No more, I might venture into the margin pole that I never got chance to use but other than that I'm done.

Mike