Fishing's newcomers urged to protect wildlife from dangers of angling litter

FishingMagic

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
New anglers who have taken up the sport since lockdown are being reminded by the Angling Trust and the RSPCA about the dangers to wildlife from angling litter.

More...

Paste paul

Reaction score
New anglers who have taken up the sport since lockdown are being reminded by the Angling Trust and the RSPCA about the dangers to wildlife from angling litter.

More...
Rightly so........
Our club waters state in the rules all litter should be taken away even if it’s not yours !
I have a big beef with litter louts those who blatantly throw rubbish away should be ashamed.
Of course someone might drop something quite by accident and this is what our club rules are aimed at......
I know people have had there book taken away for littering “good on them”
Education is as important as rules to prevent it though and it’s a good way to try and tackle it...
When I was 9 many moons ago I was on a match with my dad and the guys weighed us in ( I actually had some bleak) and when they weighed me in I got a right telling off from the club captain for leaving rubbish..... even when I tried to explain I didn’t smoke and it was a fag packet I got no where !!!!!!!
Its stuck with me ever since I always take all rubbish away with me ?

dorsetsteve

Reaction score
I’m fascinated by who these litter bugs are, it’s always someone else and I honestly don’t think anyone I know would do it but the rubbish comes from someone. Clearly it’s a minority but they are a very annoying minority.

steve2

Reaction score
The best thing my club did was remove all litter bins and the onus was on the member to take it away. Any litter in a swim becomes your litter. The bailiff take your card number when checking and if it's not cleared when you leave it's a ban.