Further Spread of the Zander

A

Andy Doughty

Diawa Powermesh 2214's. 12 foot 2 1/4lb test curve. Nice rods for zeds. Not enough in them to hurl big baits a long way, but 99 percent of my fishing is close range stuff.

C

Chris Bishop

Be thinking of you later - can't get out this week due to work/other half working etc etc.

Ouse from the office window looks ok, what's it look like up your way or are you going on the Wissey or somewhere..?

D

Del Jarman

Mick Brown did an article in P&P on jigging for Zander etc. The rod he recemendeds is only 7ft.6ins. long & will cast lures as light as 1gm.this is not one of his sponcers rods. He says (and I have no reason to doubt his word), that he has caught Pike & Zander over double figures on it. I use one as well, unfortunatly I have not caught any that big!!!!!!!!!!YET????.

D

David Will

I recall that article,I believe he was using a Brundall Angling Centre model.The fish he was catching were in Holland? from a boat.Does anyone remember the Terry Eustace Big Tench rods once desribed by Archie Braddock as 'the best Zander rods ever'.

D

Del Jarman

Dave Thats the rod a right little cracker it is. It will cast lures between 1&35gms.Bends to the butt if needs be. I think he was talking about when he was in Sweden with Matt Hayes.