Gone Fishing photo caption competition, judged by Paul Whitehouse and Bob Mortimer!

Kirsty Hewitt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We are pleased to announce our first competition of 2021, and it’s a great one!

Below you will see a selection of images from behind the scenes of Mortimer & Whitehouse: Gone Fishing. We’d like you to come up with your funniest captions for the images. Paul Whitehouse and Bob Mortimer have very kindly agreed to judge the competition, so get your comedy thinking caps on!

There are three £100 vouchers for Thomas Turner up for grabs. Thomas Turner is a leading vintage and contemporary classic fishing tackle store, so this is a great opportunity to add to your tackle collection.

The images have been posted on three of our forum sites: the UK Fly Fishing Forum, Salmon Fishing Forum, and Fishing Magic forum. Each forum has different images, and you can enter as many times as you like, on all three forums. To enter, just reply to the competition thread on the forum, and your entry will be included.

Rules:
  1. The competition is open to anyone, but you need to join one of the forums to enter. No purchase is required.
  2. The prize will be delivered as an electronic gift voucher to spend at thomasturner.com. There is no cash alternative.
  3. The competition closes at 11.59 pm on 20th February 2021. Entries received after this time will not be counted.
  4. You can enter as many times as you like.
  5. Any entries which are deemed to be offensive or disrespectful will be deleted and will not be entered into the competition.
  6. The winners will be announced on 28th February 2021 on fishingmagic.com and fishandfly.com. The winning captions and the winners’ forum usernames will be included in the announcement.
  7. This competition is run by Fish and Fly Ltd. The Directors’ decision is final.

Last edited:

Kirsty Hewitt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Image 1
DSC_4564.jpg

bullet

Reaction score
Image 1....

"That John Bailey said his was this big"

Image 2....

"I did warn you what you could do with that Pole, Paul...."

lambert1

Reaction score
Image 1
Paul and Bob react to the suggestion that they film an episode in North Korea

The Sogster

Reaction score
Image 1:
'Coo coo the dove from above' says Bob

Image 2::
Paul decides that mornings decision to wear a thong may have not have been the best idea

lambert1

Reaction score
Image 2
Bob Mortimer auditions for a re-make of The Fast Show and fluffs his lines!
Image 2
Paul "Black tie means Bow Tie Bob! Surprised they let you in mate"

Simon harlond

Culmfisher
Reaction score
Image 1: (Bob) A tray of trapped potatoes this big if you catch a fish.

Image 2: All together now...And a Wade...

lambert1

Reaction score
Image 1
Hiding Maggots in a crew members sleeping bag has the desired effect!

Keith M

Reaction score
Image 1.
♫ We shall have a fishy on a little dishy, we shall have a fishy, when our float comes in ♫

Image 2.
Paul:
The waters just gone over the top of my waders and it feels just like it did when I was a kid and used to wee in the sea.
Bob:
Stop mucking around were supposed to be trying to catch a princely salmon; why do you think we’ve dressed like this.

Last edited:

lambert1

Reaction score
Image 2
Paul "Lucky he is behind the camera. I think we could both get in them waders Bob!"

lambert1

Reaction score
Image one.
Filming for the day is cancelled after the lads decide to have a go with Nitrous Oxide

Philip

Reaction score
Image 2.

Director : .... When I said bring Fox Trotting gear I meant the fishing tackle !

Last edited:

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Image 2:

Paul, when you said if we get dressed up posh we could end up balls deep, this is not what I imagined...

Last edited:

Philip

Reaction score
Image 2..

The lads get suited & booted hoping to lure an old Trout..