Gone Fishing photo caption competition, judged by Paul Whitehouse and Bob Mortimer!

lambert1

Reaction score
Image 1
Bob has had several comic persona over the years, but Paul is a big fan of the latest creation, Barry Boastful the PB king and his unfeasibly large PBs.
Image 2
In view of the formality of the setting, Paul has prepared a script which is getting very soggy behind his back.

Steve Ruff

Reaction score
Image 1

Paul cannot help but smile when Bob tells him he wants to bring his northern mate Clive From Newcastle fishing next time they go out

Last edited:

lambert1

Reaction score
Image 2
Paul " Rolling your meat is a well known term for trundling a piece of Luncheon Meat across the river bed Bob."

Image 2
Bob cannot hide his amusement as Paul frantically presses the button behind his back. Unfortunately there is water in the motor and the Bow Tie will not spin. The comic moment is lost.

lambert1

Reaction score
Image 1
After another busy days filming Bob reveals that the accommodation has a hot tub. He and Paul try to picture how good that is going to feel.
Image 1
The show has been so popular, that it now has quite a few lady fans, who send requests to the boys. To comply with some of them might be dangerous, not to mention physically impossible!

lambert1

Reaction score
Image 2
Bob has to confess to Paul that he hid a remote control fart machine in Paul's waders.

Steve Ruff

Reaction score
Image 1

Paul to Bob ...

Your anecdotes and jokes really are getting worse - I hear the sound of a barrel being scraped

Last edited:

lambert1

Reaction score
Image 1
Meanwhile back at base camp news reaches Paul and Bob that the Jammy Dodgers have arrived.
Image 2
Paul " No Bob I don't really think the time is right for you to do your Norman Wisdom impression."

lambert1

Reaction score
Image 1
Bob decides to provide Paul with some fascinating facts about the size and habits of Tapeworms. Paul's reaction says it all.
Image 2
Paul "Seeing you standing there rod in hand, reminds me of a Gnome my Mum had Bob."

Kirsty Hewitt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all, thanks for all of the entries. Just to say there's a slight delay with the result - we hope to be able to announce the winner soon!

Golden Eagle

Reaction score
Image 2:
Bob to Paul: (Innocently, bordering on criminally naive) Why is that Kingfisher looking at us like WE’RE overdressed?

Kirsty Hewitt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,

The results are in! We decided to have a winner and a runner up as there were so many good entries.

Huge thanks to Paul and Bob for taking the time to judge this competition, they are true gents and we wish them all the best with the next series of Gone Fishing.

Congratulations to the winners, I will be in touch about your prize!

WINNER:
Image 1....

"That John Bailey said his was this big"
DSC_4564 RH AG FM.jpg

RUNNER-UP:
Image 2

Latest James Bond movie budget cuts announced
FFF comp KH check.JPG

Steve Ruff

Reaction score
Thank you so much - very much appreciated - I am well chuffed.

Many thanks as well to Paul and Bob as they had loads of captions to go through (hope they had a bit of a laugh whilst going through them all as there were so many to look at) and of course to Fishing Magic for arranging the competition.

Steve

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Congratulations to both, but who would have thought that mentioning the Angling Consultant to the TV programme who also is FM's staff writer could have netted (see what I did there..?) the top prize...?
Still, we now have a great pointer as to how to go about entering any future competitions.....