Grayling Fishing & Carp Spawning Videos

B

binka

Very nice, especially liked the grayling video.

Is it the Don that runs through Sheffield city centre?

I noticed a guy making his way down the river in chest waders and what looked like fly gear earlier this year as I passed over one of the bridges, i'd always wondered what those waters held?

nicepix

Reaction score
The Don comes in at the north side of Sheffield at Oughtibridge and flows west through Hillsborough, Attercliffe and Meadowhall towards Rotherham and Doncaster.

The upper Sheffield stretch is a cracking trout & grayling water and has good barbel too. Lower down at Attercliffe there are good roach and chub and as you go through Rotherham and Doncaster there are some huge barbel. A lot of it, including the bit shown is free fishing and not too heavily fished.

B

binka

Thanks for that, i'm only a stones throw away and really fancy giving it a go.

Although... i've heard that Yorkshire beer can be a bit watery ;) (runs for cover and employs armed body guards :))

nicepix

Reaction score
Thanks for that, i'm only a stones throw away and really fancy giving it a go.

Although... i've heard that Yorkshire beer can be a bit watery ;) (runs for cover and employs armed body guards :))

Check it out for yourself. The river runs right past the old brewery and some of the best pubs in Sheffield are close by. I'm sure they will put some lemonade in if you tell them that you are a southerner. You can visit the Bassets factory shop and get some sweets for the grand kids and if you drop the wife of at Meadowhell or the Gala Bingo (as my mate sometimes does) you'll be able to spend all day there. :D

My top tip though is to visit Tackle2Fish in the industrial estate. The cafe next door does reet grand bacon and egg butties and afterwards you can use your eggy fingers to try the shiny reels out next door. :D