Have you measured your ring correctly?

B

binka

I've been running around in ever decreasing circles for the last couple of hours trying to find a replacement 32mm butt ring for one of my pike rods which had a cracked liner.

No luck at all... Until I discovered I was measuring it wrong!

Apparently it's sized by the ceramic liner and not the wire frame...

Frequently Asked Questions

I thought the guide might be useful if anyone has to do a similar thing at some stage in the future.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Some of the better guides have their sizes printed into the frames, fuji and Kigan are two of them.

B

binka

How do you do it ? I've never cracked the lining of a ring ever. You really are a bit special.

It's the first one I've ever done Skip, the pike rods have had some rough treatment through six or seven winters on the river and it had gone in two places :eek:mg:

I've found an identical replacement (Seymo) at £3.94 but the place want to charge me more than that for the postage :eek:

I'm on my travels tomorrow so I've got Lanes in Coventry, Fosters of Birmingham and Walkers of Trowell to try before I bow to such extortion.

lambert1

Reaction score
I too have noticed how steep some of the postage charges are for small items. Could it be that the avaricious Ebay want their cut of this too?;) I'm with you on that one Steve and hope you manage to find one mate.

B

binka

I too have noticed how steep some of the postage charges are for small items. Could it be that the avaricious Ebay want their cut of this too?;) I'm with you on that one Steve and hope you manage to find one mate.

Thanks mate.

The ring that had the high p&p was from a direct website outside of Ebay but I did manage to pick one up last week and whipped it on that evening :)