Hi everyone I’m mark and have just joined the site

Bizmark

Reaction score
Hi lads I’m mark I’ve just moved to the area burton pidsea and I’m looking to find good river fishing spots for barbel and any other fishing really lol I’ve just taken up doing a tad of beach fishing and would like to ask other members if they will share some fishing locations for both course and sea fishing I prefer river fishing to ponds . As I don’t know the area at all only the river hull at tickton which I’ve passed over a few times and thought that looked nice , also what permits would I need for certain spots thanks and hope someone can share their knowledge 😀👍👍mark

jon atkinson

Reaction score
Hi Mark - welcome to FM! I'm afraid that I'm not at all familiar with your area in terms of intel but I'm sure that others on here will feed back in due course 🤞

keora

Reaction score
Mark, you could try the Derwent, the Swale, Nidd and the Trent. But as you live in Holderness you'd spend a lot of time driving.

sam vimes

Reaction score
The River Hull is your closest barbel river. However, how well it fishes for barbel seems to depend on the balance between EA stocking activity and the numbers of otters and seals in the river.

If I were in your shoes, I'd be exploring the options on your closer bits of the Trent. Some parts of the Ouse system rivers will be closer, but not by much. The Trent is more prolific than any of them.