How did you get on?

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It looks a nice spot and well worth keeping it secret. :)

I would take a friend but it really is a tiny pond Mike.
I enjoy walking there through the woods etc, all part of the day.

I had a ride on the push iron over the other bigger place where I catch decent timcas and it looked spot on!

tommos16

Reaction score
Went Perch fishing today on the canal, after a long time away with work, then Carp and maggot feeders taking up my attention on commercials. Was glad to be back among them, only 4 or 5 and nothing special but I’ll take that for an hour on the canal five minutes from home. All taken on worms on the drop shot rig. I guess it pays not to be too focused on one type of fishing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

seth49

Reaction score
Usual early start today, at the fishery for five thirty this morning, surprisingly there’s already one member fishing, but not in the peg I wanted so no problem, it’s been another few cold days again, even had the heating on at night since Tuesday, felt cold this morning before the wind got up, and even worse later.

Mick arrived just after me, and we started fishing, had a couple of roach first, and then a small crucian after, noticed a tail pattern where I’d thrown some pellets in the margin earlier, dropped a worm in and a carp took right away, gave me a good scrap on match rod and pin, about four pounds in weight.
EFA3A710-620E-4EC5-8865-0475D8716C9C.jpeg
604ADCEE-999F-42BE-9AEC-887A90445CE1.jpeg
49BFD617-5287-4C06-ACBB-5DE846FC0D73.jpeg

After that the wind started blowing, it was coming from all directions and cold with it, just after ten mick walked over to say he was cold and hadn’t had a bite, so he was going home, by then Neil had arrived and he had gone to the other side of the lodge were it was more sheltered, the other member had also gone, so that just left the two of us.

Very quite for a couple of hours, just one bite that came of in the weed, so I’m trying different baits and nothing’s working, so I thought I’ll either end it or mend it, and got the rake from my car and raked the swim, had a sandwich and a drink and started again on the float using mussels for bait.

Had a tench within five minutes about a pound, then two more similar, plus three F1s and missed a few more in the next couple of hours, so that plan worked for once, packed up at two, when it went quiet again, should be warmer again next week hopefully.

Reaction score
Well the picture disappeared,on my tablet anyway,the wonders of technology,or technophobia....
20200611_103146-jpg.9385

Last edited:

Reaction score
I or my missus have no idea what occured in the above post/picture,I was going to post it but the image was the wrong way round so cancelled it,so I turned the phone off and came back to the tablet to find it here,shaking head smilie here...the tench is a 4lb 7oz fish that I caught from the crucian pond yesterday,usually tench there are under 2lbs,I had four crucians about a pound each,a common carp around 3lbs,an awful lot of roach and rudd to twelve ounces and some perch,probably 25lbs of the smaller species,seems its the only place I'm getting bites at present,lol...

rich66

Reaction score
Gave in to temptation and a last minute dash yesterday to get a pint of reds before the 2 o’clock close of my local tackle shop. I got to the bank this morning for 7 just one other chap getting out of his car. A few of the bivvy boys where tucked up no where to be seen.
I decided to fish a pond that I’ve only ever fished once before. Didn’t even do my normal walk around to see the lie of the land. Liked the look of the swim right in front of me.. apart from the pile of goose poo!
I had a slow steady few hours called it a day at 12 before the rains set in. Caught 6/7 bream from about 6oz upto a lb. 4 perch ranging from micro to quiet chuffed biggest was definitely over 1lb. All caught on double red maggots on the float. Sweetcorn tipped with single red got me a small F1 thing on the swingtip.
Both of the perch below came within a minute of each other, I thought I caught the same one twice for a start but one was definitely heavier and it’s chewed up tail not as chewed up as the other.
Back to work Sunday my week off nearly over.
7E632C54-053D-496B-BCFE-3DAE82F51E9E.jpeg
5AF1A54A-6B11-4FF8-8661-EDA7ACEA0A87.jpeg

Paste paul

Reaction score
Gave in to temptation and a last minute dash yesterday to get a pint of reds before the 2 o’clock close of my local tackle shop. I got to the bank this morning for 7 just one other chap getting out of his car. A few of the bivvy boys where tucked up no where to be seen.
I decided to fish a pond that I’ve only ever fished once before. Didn’t even do my normal walk around to see the lie of the land. Liked the look of the swim right in front of me.. apart from the pile of goose poo!
I had a slow steady few hours called it a day at 12 before the rains set in. Caught 6/7 bream from about 6oz upto a lb. 4 perch ranging from micro to quiet chuffed biggest was definitely over 1lb. All caught on double red maggots on the float. Sweetcorn tipped with single red got me a small F1 thing on the swingtip.
Both of the perch below came within a minute of each other, I thought I caught the same one twice for a start but one was definitely heavier and it’s chewed up tail not as chewed up as the other.
Back to work Sunday my week off nearly over.
View attachment 9391View attachment 9392
Nice perch ?

mikench

Reaction score
After the disappointment of the last trip Gordon and I returned to a lovely but shallow lake which we have visited before.

IMG_6881.JPG
IMG_6883.JPG

Kev will remember this lake . We both float fished after raking our swims ( my brief foray with a feeder was precisely that)
We each caught around a dozen smallish roach and hybrids up to 8oz. Gordon had a nice perch of at least that and I had 3 tench , 2 around 3.5lb and this at 4.5lb.

IMG_6886.JPG

It was a great day which we both enjoyed. At the death, with rain clouds threatening a mink sauntered down the path immediately behind our pegs. Karma has been restored. Thanks Gordon for the maggots and a great day. You delivered on the tench so I'm happy.

Last edited:

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What a lovely view, a grassy meadow leading up to a tree lined horizon, perfect.

wetthrough

Reaction score
A thoroughly enjoyable day all round thanks Mike. I changed when I got back but Eau de Stagnant Pond is still lingering after all that raking!

no-one in particular

Reaction score
That is perfection with the lily pad just in the right position. Calm, sunny, fields, trees as well, ideal. I would be very happy with that. that tench's mouth looks a bit odd though.

Roger Johnson 2

Reaction score
After a day of steady rain yesterday, 2 am found me on my crawling up and down the local rugby pitch on my hands an knees.......hunting lob worms! Result, nothing but a sigh of relief that I didn’t have to explain ( in French) my perversions to the local gendarmerie. Does a lobworm have to go in the bait box to count?
On the plus side this evening’s fluff chucking session resulted in 2 trout, two chub and a dace all on a small brown mayfly imitation, none over 6inches, but great fun all the same. Also spotted an otter which is the first I’ve seen in the wild in 50 years of fishing.
No pictures of this evenings fish due to being up to my nadgers in the river, but here’s one I prepared earlier.
92c383dbdb21cef10c475bf9db271c11.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mikench

Reaction score
A thoroughly enjoyable day all round thanks Mike. I changed when I got back but Eau de Stagnant Pond is still lingering after all that raking!
I've washed my jeans, and deodorised my nets. I bought some Rod Hutchinson Netsafe spray for deodorising nets, slings, unhooking mats etc. It seems to work and kills viruses, fungi and bacteria too. Not used it on C yet but it has a smell of Eau de Warrington ou Oxford.;)