How did you get on?

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
the majority of my images receive a little editing, white balance, crop, vignette, border, and focus, just a small improvement on what the lens in my phone offers me.

This is the original straight from the phone.

Nice pic, I prefer the original to be honest. I can always teel when a picture has been tweaked.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Nice pic, I prefer the original to be honest. I can always teel when a picture has been tweaked.

Editing became the norm for me a long while ago when selling images for a few quid. Inconsistent screen resolution amongst other variables meant giving the image a bit of a boost to please the eye, (and sell), obviously not pleasing for all.

Each to their own Tig. ?

PS If I could take photos of beautiful centre pins and barbel on a regular basis i most probably needn't bother! ?

Last edited:

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Phone cameras are brilliant now. My new one lets me blur out the background, which is handy for fish shots where you don’t want to reveal the location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Just returned home after another blank on a well known River Lea Weirpool. It was very pleasant today the rain stayed away and it was mild until the cold front came across with a temperature drop this evening not the best conditions for Barbel. It was busy some of the guys were fishing with their headlamps permanently switched on some were so bright they would put the floodlights at Old Trafford to same ?. Why guys fish like this goodness knows maybe the are afraid of the dark. Some time back I brought a ridge monkey rechargeable head torch the green light option is fantastic its bright enough to bait up bring fish to the net without annoying fellow anglers on the far bank. The only time I use the white light is when I pack up.

Just a quick question Hugh,which Ridgemonkey head torch did you buy,the 150 or 300???

Reaction score
Went yesterday,I intended to fish on a club stretch of the Ouse I've never fished,on arrival at the gate,two cars were parked just inside,thought better of fishing there,so left(must have a sixth sense because a guy I know told me later that my barrow would have been bogged down),anyway I went into Bedford and tried near the town bridge where I know large fish reside,not a bite,so at 12 I left and drove thirty miles to the small river(thinking that I'd sit behind my mate,rather than put xmas decorations up),anyway I ended up fishing the first peg for around three hours and had two nice chub of around three pounds,quite a few(more than twenty) chublets between 3ozs and a pound,seven dace 3-5ozs and half a dozen gudgeon,quite pleasant apart from a swan and a dabchick that were determined to eat my loose feed,forcing me to stop fishing four times...

Sean89

Reaction score
Went yesterday,I intended to fish on a club stretch of the Ouse I've never fished,on arrival at the gate,two cars were parked just inside,thought better of fishing there,so left(must have a sixth sense because a guy I know told me later that my barrow would have been bogged down),anyway I went into Bedford and tried near the town bridge where I know large fish reside,not a bite,so at 12 I left and drove thirty miles to the small river(thinking that I'd sit behind my mate,rather than put xmas decorations up),anyway I ended up fishing the first peg for around three hours and had two nice chub of around three pounds,quite a few(more than twenty) chublets between 3ozs and a pound,seven dace 3-5ozs and half a dozen gudgeon,quite pleasant apart from a swan and a dabchick that were determined to eat my loose feed,forcing me to stop fishing four times...
Did you fish by the rowing club? Opposite the swan hotel? I had a morning walk down there this morning I fancy my chances with the feeder just before the bridge that leads to the rowing club ??

Reaction score
Fished upstream of the bridge over by the stantion on the town side,as the river has cleared after the frosts the roach have shut up shop,no sucked maggots,touches anything,in fact as soon as I saw the river I wished i'd brought liquidised bread and fished a small cage with a lump of flake on the hook...

Sean89

Reaction score
Fished upstream of the bridge over by the stantion on the town side,as the river has cleared after the frosts the roach have shut up shop,no sucked maggots,touches anything,in fact as soon as I saw the river I wished i'd brought liquidised bread and fished a small cage with a lump of flake on the hook...
Wasn’t there once a large shoal of bream that patrolled opposite the swan hotel? I’ve been told people have had over 100lb of Bream out there in 1 sitting in years past

rubio

Reaction score
Very little water at my nearest river but I had a go in a few swims just dropping a float in and allowing it to waft along a couple of inches off bottom. Both worm and pinkies got some bites from perch and odd blade but had to move swim regularly as they all scarpered in 3 foot of gin clear. Kept expecting pike attack but even they were isolating.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Today has been one of those days when it just doesn't seem to get light and stays almost like the witching hour all day. It was foggy and overcast with the sky being solid with dirty looking clouds. It felt much colder than the 8 degrees which it was, I put that down to the dampness. I had literally an hours fishing on a small outlet of a lake and had a solitary chub of about a pound or less, not one of my better days fishing!

Reaction score
Sean,there is an enormous shoal of bream upstream of the town bridge,i've seen them when its very hot on the top,at least 300 fish,there is another shoal below the bridge that patrols down to the end of the parapets on tge embankment,where it shallows off opposite duckmill weir....

Sean89

Reaction score
Sean,there is an enormous shoal of bream upstream of the town bridge,i've seen them when its very hot on the top,at least 300 fish,there is another shoal below the bridge that patrols down to the end of the parapets on tge embankment,where it shallows off opposite duckmill weir....
Yeah I’m looking to pick them out when I next fish the Embankment, preferably just before where the water goes down to the canal slalom

Andy1990

Reaction score
Struggled today on the river near me. Only had a couple of hours from 1400-1600 and whilst it was a cold and damp day it looked good for a bite or two. Not a solitary knock on either lob worm or bread flake. Was tempted to do an hour into darkness in stubbornness/hope but soon knocked that on the head when I realised my head torch had been left at home. Kingfisher came past a couple of times which brought some colour to an otherwise uneventful and gloomy afternoon.

Andy.

waldi

Reaction score
IMG_E1373.JPG
Red letter day today. My first Barbel! :) and christened my new river rod. I've spent litteraly hours trying to catch one of these and spent a fortune on bait to boot.

This one fell to the remains of my marmite sandwich on a simple link leger. I'd given up on a Barbel and decided to have a go at one of the many Chub on the river.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
After my many hours of trying to find and catch my first barbel I am beginning to think of it as marmite fishing, you've e just put a new slant on that!

well done on your patience and perseverance.?