How did you get on?

Reaction score
You run scared too easy,it is on topic because it replies to a post on the thread,regardless of what Simon says....

silvers

Reaction score
I’ve seen how precious he gets ... although tbh the acolyte question was deffo off topic ?

mikench

Reaction score
I love this thread almost as much as HDYGO! I said almost. Out of interest and again off topic , I do like Dave Harrell's feeder line in 8lb. I've also bought his float line in 5lb but am yet to try it. Has anyone else tried them?

nottskev

Reaction score
I love this thread almost as much as HDYGO! I said almost. Out of interest and again off topic , I do like Dave Harrell's feeder line in 8lb. I've also bought his float line in 5lb but am yet to try it. Has anyone else tried them?

Not that one, Mike, but I've got his Rig Line for hooklengths in 5 strengths, I like it that much. Never had a bad product with his name on.

bullet

Reaction score
Alan, if you're ever in Russia, these three phrases will cover any situation:

Ya nye bwil tam I wasn't there

Mnye vsyo ravno It's all the same to me

Tak oozhe bwilo It was like that already

Those phrases do me quite well here!

bullet

Reaction score
I really enjoy my autumn Chub fishing, and the weather here has been exceptional for the time of year with the rivers in good condition for fishing the float. The Chublets of summer disperse and decent fish are always on the cards.
For the last couple of years I've been lucky to get out with the feeder or bomb, with weeks of no go bank high conditions in between, so I've been trying to make the most of it.
It's actually getting a bit low and clear, and numbers are falling off a bit but there are still plenty of fish to be had and some solid ones in amongst them.
This one really pulled, and took a fair bit of work to get off the bottom, if I'd been fishing somewhere else I would initially have thought Barbel.
Tried a new stretch last weekend which has a good mixture of species, including some decent Roach, so I may put in a bit of effort there to see what comes out...

IMG_20211118_142002000.jpg

nottskev

Reaction score
I really enjoy my autumn Chub fishing, and the weather here has been exceptional for the time of year with the rivers in good condition for fishing the float. The Chublets of summer disperse and decent fish are always on the cards.
For the last couple of years I've been lucky to get out with the feeder or bomb, with weeks of no go bank high conditions in between, so I've been trying to make the most of it.
It's actually getting a bit low and clear, and numbers are falling off a bit but there are still plenty of fish to be had and some solid ones in amongst them.
This one really pulled, and took a fair bit of work to get off the bottom, if I'd been fishing somewhere else I would initially have thought Barbel.
Tried a new stretch last weekend which has a good mixture of species, including some decent Roach, so I may put in a bit of effort there to see what comes out...

View attachment 18113

Lovely fish! I'd like to see some like that around here, just as you'd like some more barbel down your way. By the way, more generally, what happened with the chap who used to post some fabulous float-caught chub from, I think, the Dorset Stour? Does anyone recognise who |I mean and know? I haven't seen a post in the last year or more.

john step

Reaction score
HDYGO?? I didnt. I have had two frustrating days waiting for phone calls from a hospital for the sandwich maker which didnt happen.
Tackle was ready sitting there lonely.
A bright spot though was a set of Preston feeder arms arriving by post to compliment the Peter Crabtree seat box. I had to be content trying it on the box and imagine the tip going round. How sad :(
Sods Law says I will miss the last of the mild spell.

Reaction score
Neil Maidement you mean Kev,he left FM and I believe he frequents facebook....

flightliner

Reaction score
Another trip to the river Don in the town centre yesterday for more Greyling, as ever it did'nt dissapoint in all the swims I tried from the fast and rocky to the long smooth glides tho generally the faster swims were more productive in both quantity and quality.
Twenty one fish in total that included three mad brown trout but not including numerous minnows that found my hookbait.
I'm thinking the next time I go to take my little lure rod and try for one of the big brown trout I keep hearing of, who knows even a Salmon maybe, they have been caught in the past few years, it's been on my mind a while now so I reckon its time to give it a go.
When we (I went with a friend) arrived at our intended swims we came upon this statue of Ganesh the Hindu god.
The strangest thing I ever found when out fishing, hope it was'nt stolen.

Attachments

• IMG_20211118_121406.jpg
    IMG_20211118_121406.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 51