How do I post a picture?

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I go through the menu led routine and browse my pics on my pictures and select one and the URL appears in the box , I click submit and it says my pic was uploaded successfully but it isn't?

I am sure many members have the same problems, with great pics on their files and can't get them on?

Philip

Reaction score
I am having the same problem today, trying to upload a picture and have given up...says it uploaded ok but when I try and "add photo" to a post it wont work. Not sure why I even need to do all that rigmarole...why cant I just edit cut and edit paste a picture directly into the text box when I make a post ? Even Marks link does not seem to work...

Perhaps its me..

Philip

Reaction score
...so after lots of messing about I found a way of getting a photo into a post...basically using the [insert] link under my photos when editing a post was never going to work, neither was edit cut and edit paste of a image directly into the message ...so what I did was go into the "user CP" part of the site (on the menu, top right hand of the screen) and upload a image from the local disk..that worked well enough..and then go into your albums (again under user CP) and click on the image you just uploaded and keep clicking on it untill it becomes "big". Then underneath you will see two boxes with the URL. I cut and pasted the BB code one directly into the message I wanted to post on the forum and it seems to work.

Its incredibly long winded, I have no idea why it cant be easier. I seem to recall it was easier in the past. I did do a search to see if there were other ways but it seems there may be a problem with the "My photos" [insert] link at the moment. However it could also be me messing it up :rolleyes:

Anyway maybe a Mod is reading this and can check..thanks.

noknot

Reaction score
Have you tried Photobucket? Very simple, and you can resize the original image, then c&p strait into the reply box.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
idleron2lrg.jpg

View image in gallery

test...

yahoo! This pic was taken by son of meldrew and the roach were caught by him from the Test a few years ago.
It seems my pictures are all too big and possibly why I can't get them on?

Last edited: