Inline feeders. What do you use as stoppers?

plattsie_fish

Reaction score
Am trying out some inline feeders tomorrow but was wondering what stoppers people use for these. Normally I use the daiwa Nzon stops which are just like float stops but would it be better to use a speed bead type stop? It has to be a running rig.

mikench

Reaction score
Korum turbo beads , grippa stop, bead and shot, quick change beads all do more or less the same . You need more than one type and a few of each . They come in camo, grass green or mud brown deliberately so that when dropped they are impossible to find and so you buy more.

Last edited:

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
If they are the PI ones ,use the quick change adaptor that fits them, they have a small peg that sits in hole at front of feeder, thread line through feeder, and sleeve on adaptor, tie other part of adaptor to line, put hook length in lip on adaptor, slide sleeve down.
This is a free running rig ,the adaptors are not a tight fit in the feeder.I can chuck 50yards using a 20g feeder with this set up and have no problems, in line method,banjo,hybrid or maggot, all work fine.
Other options just use a normal quick change adaptor, no beads ,swivels required. Same distance, no problems, I only Use the adaptors that fit in the feeder for neatness.

David Rogers 3

Reaction score
I use the 12mm buffer beads from Bank Tackle - £1.79 for 10, free P&P. Nice and soft, much better than the Drennan ones I used to use (and much cheaper).

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
One thing I try to avoid is bloody beads, seems people have to use 'em for the sake of it.
The drennan swivel and hood type stops are ok....

If I can I jut use a shot, great when fishing straight through as you can lengthen or shorten you hooklength in a second or three. You can put a shot above the knot of a hooklength also.

Beads etc are just extra catches for weeds to cling to.

David Rogers 3

Reaction score
Shots are ok, unless you have recurring nightmares about **** Walker's account of Pete Thomas losing a huge tench when his stop shot fell off, allowing the pierced bullet he was using to slide down the line, neatly knocking the hook out of the fish's mouth.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Shots are ok, unless you have recurring nightmares about **** Walker's account of Pete Thomas losing a huge tench when his stop shot fell off, allowing the pierced bullet he was using to slide down the line, neatly knocking the hook out of the fish's mouth.

He should have had a back up shot then, or a rubber stop or two.

steve2

Reaction score
Aren't these little bits of rubber a ridiculous price go on line and you can buy 50 for the price of a packet of ten named items.
They all come from the same Chinese factory. Try your local craft shop for beads they stock 1000's.

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
A metre of thick-walled, small bore "Peristaltic pump tubing" will cost about the same as a packet of special beads with a carp on (so long as you can cope with the wait while "they" shlep it from China) and enable you to cut short bits to use as beads or longer ones to act as booms and (hopefully) reduce tangles, for at least a couple of seasons.

Reaction score
Must be honest,when barbel fishing I like the Enterprise tackle tulip shaped swivel protector bead thingies,but have found it difficult to get them recently and the price seemed high,so I bought fifty as Steve said previously for a fraction of the cost,companies shoot themselves in the foot charging so much....

Golden Eagle

Reaction score
I’m currently using the Preston ones mentioned above but finding them rather fiddly, although they do the job well and the ICS system is great. ( By the way you can cut through the lead on guru feeders and extend the ‘range’ with a little endeavour and a Dremel.)

Overall, however, I think I prefer Drennan ‘method connectors’, which can be removed from either loop.

In contrast to some of the comments above, I did buy some cheap alternatives from eBay of the same design but found they were too soft and lost a couple of fish. Taught me the same lesson I’ve learnt several times - ‘buy cheap buy twice’.

Reaction score
The items I mentioned are better soft,as they absorb the shock on the feeder,also the swivel is a more reliable connection imo...