Is my tackle past it???

john step

Reaction score
Mum in law came round for some dinner today and brought me one the fil's old 4 1/2"centrepin reels today!

An old Allcocks!, It was really free running, I had to put a couple of drops of oil on it anyhow- It became even more free running!!

o588tNK.jpg

FxCECnd.jpg

I think there's a similar reel already in my box seat, Last time I used one I spent more time untangling the over runs that actual fishing!! :oops: :ROFLMAO:

John ?
Looks more like a fly reel than a centre pin?

johnbaz

Reaction score
Looks more like a fly reel than a centre pin?

Hi John

I have a few fly reels, They're actually smaller and narrower than this, This one is very similar to another (Grice & Young) reel that I used to have for trotting the Trent, I think I gave it to a mate as I got really fed up with the birds nests from over enthusiatically batting the reel bringing it back for the next trot!!☺️☺️

John (y)

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Mum in law came round for some dinner today and brought me one the fil's old 4 1/2"centrepin reels today!

An old Allcocks!, It was really free running, I had to put a couple of drops of oil on it anyhow- It became even more free running!!

o588tNK.jpg

FxCECnd.jpg

I think there's a similar reel already in my box seat, Last time I used one I spent more time untangling the over runs that actual fishing!! :oops: :ROFLMAO:

John ?

Some reels of this type of design were fitted with a cork arbour to make the spool shallower. If you search on the net you can find out how people do it. I have also seen in the past that for the more popular pins with deep drums that there are plastic arbours made by 3D printing. These fit over the bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zyvis

Reaction score
People think rods have gone soft and ''test curve decayed'' and its absolute nonsense
The guides have loosened up over the years and hence the rod feels soft
Get the guides redone = rod transformed good as new

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
People think rods have gone soft and ''test curve decayed'' and its absolute nonsense
The guides have loosened up over the years and hence the rod feels soft
Get the guides redone = rod transformed good as new

Thats interesting, I had never even thought about that changing the action, great info!