June Caption Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

iannate

The fish made me do it!
Reaction score
This is known as spider wire, and now you know why!

Last edited:

batphil

Reaction score
"Listen mate..... if you play that reel like a washboard and I'll play this line like a double bass and we got ourselves a skiffle group..... :wh Ooooooooooohhhhhhh, my ould man's a dustman....." :wh

nicepix

Reaction score
At the school sports day Chav Professor patiently waits for the Tai-Chi performer to finish before he commences his Wallis Cast demonstration.

B

binka

"I knew I shouldn't have strayed too far off the beaten track this weekend... although I never expected to meet someone playing the air banjo!"

Beaker

Reaction score
A young Gerry Anderson is telling the guy with the rod "And this is how Troy Temest use to do it off the bow of Stingray"

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A young Gerry Anderson is telling the guy with the rod "And this is how Troy Temest use to do it off the bow of Stingray"

Historical Note: Young Gerry didn't look anything like that. One of my better mates at a junior school in Upton, on the posh edge of Slough (yes, there was such an area in the 1960s), was one of Gerry's head model-makers and blow-it-up-with-some-lighter-fuel-afterwards effects men; arranged for us kids to visit the "studio" on Slough Trading Estate off the A4 Bath Road, he did. Loved it. The Mergirl Marina and Lady Penelope to a 9- or 10-year-old - phwoar!

seksee

Reaction score
"Ok - I can get on board with the imaginary rod and casting but the 14lb tench you apparently caught is a step too far!"

beerweasel

Reaction score
EDL anglers warn some Polish anglers on the opposite bank of approaching hail.

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
And if you do pass the Barbel Society membership test you hail the Pope like this!

---------- Post added at 03:33 ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 ----------

Look..the tardis is arriving, we can finally move on to the 20th century!

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
Angler Field Tests the New Camoflagued Rod and Reel, his mate couldn't remember where he had put his down and went back to the Conventional.

Angler wishes he had engaged the Free Spool Mechanism on his Rod and Reel before it was ripped out of his hands and across the lake.

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
Wayne Larkins (for it is he),.. " I shall finish this crazy mantra spell in a jiffy and then you need to whack that boilie out to the pads pronto..can you do that Brett? " (Brett Lee and Wayne Larkins do carp on balsa, new DVD available from most sensible outlets just £9.99 if you bring along a bat for signing.)

iannate

The fish made me do it!
Reaction score
"And then we chant the sacred ritual to beckon the fishing spirits into our swim"

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
Brett Lee (for it is he) with rod..."I should have guessed Wayne would be like this when he mentioned something about using mushrooms on a bolt rig. Last time i go on one of those forum meets.."

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
Whilst testing the new (bad) hair rig, it was mullet or bust......

---------- Post added at 13:17 ---------- Previous post was at 13:16 ----------

I should have known there was a problem when the photographer reminded me not to forget my BARBER jacket.....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.