Korda Rig Safe - anyone?

Kevin aka Aethelbald

Reaction score
Okay. Second in a series of dumb questions from a life-long trout fly fisherman dabbling with the dark side. (Actually I consider salmon fishing to be the real dark side, but that's another bee in my bonnet.)

Q. Is anyone using a Korda Rig Safe, or similar pre-prepared rig box for general coarse fishing? The large box will store up to 12" lengths.

They seem to be aimed at carp fishers, but I see no reason not to prepare my hook lengths at home, in the warmth and in good light, rather than fiddling around on the river bank. I'd buy off-the-shelf hooks to nylon, but if I want, say 8's to 4lb, I'd have to do my own.

Please educate me!

john step

Reaction score
Use what suits you. I know that match anglers have a similar system. I have seen flat rigid boxes with loads of hook lengths in them. A bewildering array of hook lengths in fact.

bullet

Reaction score
I tie hooklengths and wrap them around a bit of foam pipe lagging with slits cut in it to trap the loose end, works well for me.

hague01

Reaction score
I have had 1 for about 4 years . Good idea and useful but I found one hinge broke so it's wired up now. The best box is the Grey's but that only takes 13. Not sure I WD pay retail for either really.