lake windermere fishing help

N04H8

Reaction score
Hi i am going on holiday next week to the lake district and was wondering if anyone new about lake windamere and what fishing you can catch in it.i have heard that there are pike perch and brown trout but not sure how easy they are to catch because its a very big lake.

or any lakeor river near/ around windamere which are good for fishing

cheers Noah

Specihunter

Reaction score
Have a look on www.wdaa.co.uk that will be your best guide. And we aren't blessed with a lot of day ticket waters there is 1 at Brigham near Cockermouth which is OK but for the size over fished for carp. Mirehouse in Whitehaven is better I can't remember all the spots to buy day tickets

N04H8

Reaction score
Have a look on www.wdaa.co.uk that will be your best guide. And we aren't blessed with a lot of day ticket waters there is 1 at Brigham near Cockermouth which is OK but for the size over fished for carp. Mirehouse in Whitehaven is better I can't remember all the spots to buy day tickets
ok cheers mate will have a look i planned just to bring a light lure rod and a heavy pike lure rod but i will try and see what i can find that link

rob48

Reaction score
There's roach and bream in Windermere but due to the shear size of it location is the key. Either have a reccy to see if anyone's fishing and has some information, or pick an accessible spot and prebait for a few days, depending on how much time you have there.

N04H8

Reaction score
ok cheers i guess if i have no luck on windamere with spinners and lures i will try and find a smaller lake with brown trout or perch and pike.