Large Mouth Bass in the UK?

mikench

Reaction score
This thread originated in 2002 by members I’ve never heard of and who may well have drowned in their pursuit of big mouth bass. It has no merit for the Uk and could only have been resurrected by someone whose logic and persona resonates with an odious, evil and fictitious cartoon character. It merits even less response today so I for one will no longer contribute to this thread.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
This thread originated in 2002 by members I’ve never heard of and who may well have drowned in their pursuit of big mouth bass. It has no merit for the Uk and could only have been resurrected by someone whose logic and persona resonates with an odious, evil and fictitious cartoon character. It merits even less response today so I for one will no longer contribute to this thread.
And this was one of the reasons I posted about Old Threads Mike.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with old posts or threads. If you wanted to post about bass fishing there is nothing stopping someone starting a new one.

At one time there were quite a few well known and successful anglers who posted on here. The founder of this site being one. Ron Clay was another and one who contributed significantly to the thread in question. It would be a shame to lose their collected efforts. The Derek Gibson pike thread is one that is still useful and would be a loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steve2

Reaction score
Impressive crowbarring of Carp iinto it once again.

And no....by that measure you could consider any fishery with a stock pond to be growing fish on to "boost anglers egos"

As for introducing species to control another one i recon we should just bring back T-Rex and move things to the end state quicker. :)
[/QUOTE

You have only used one line of what I wrote if you see it as having a go at modern artificial then it is.

rayner

Reaction score

This thread morphed from bass to F1s by a post from steve2. I see no problem with that, now it's more relevant than bass. Being now relevant to how these topics progress on the forum this talk of wiping threads like this from the forum wouldn't be good for me.
It's well documented for me that steve hates with a passion for commercial fisheries. I disagree with him because I use them, I wouldn't want to even try to change his mind, he's a trusted member with his own ideas. We all have our own likes/dislikes whos to say whos right.