loch lochy highlands

Adam Wylie

Reaction score
has anyone fished this loch,boat or bank?any info would be helpfull as i will soon be living near by.

Richard Harben

Reaction score
Adam
will be having a go at Loch Loyne between Xmas and New Year - imagine this is roughly in same area - judging by literature they hold plenty of Pike - dont do boats yet but imagine they are pretty essential - have tried bank fishing in Cumbria and blanked - so not expecting much success - will climb mountains and drink beer as well so as not to get frustrated!

J

jon cotton

Best bet is to contact the local PAC regional organiser. I have no idea where Lochy is otherwise I could point you in the direction of the right guy.....

M

madpiker

loch lochy is even further up than loch awe,neil wheater used to fish it,as far as i can gather it`s a salmon and trout loch.that`s about all i know.it might be worth contacting one of the scottish pac ro`s,their contact details are in pikelines if you are a pac member.

taps

Reaction score
A good pike water with regualar free injections of rainbow trout courtesy of Clones Fish Farms. Holds big pike and the biggest I have heard of was over 32lb. The biggest seen was 29lbs 10 ozs. A dark cold water in winter but comes to life in early summer. Lures a good bet in very limited shallow bays and boat launching is awkward without a good 4x4. Northern end is where most fish but weather has the greatest effect on this end very weedy on the western shore and very deep on the eastern shore down from the canal entrance. It holds big Ferox and Salmon migrate through it but more so at the bottom end up the River Arkaig. Sorry this reply is a bit late but I only cruise this site when working abroad as it's good top keep in touch with things.

A

Andrew Macfarlane

That's quite mad.
I was just about to suggest contacting Steve Tapley and there hes was, when I scrolled further down the page.
I haven't seen you in here before Steve.
Nice to have you on board.

taps

Reaction score
Hi Alan,
It's a smaller world than we think. I have alway been an observer more than getting involved unless I can help out. I can't always devote time to the site as I recently moved and 'she who must be obeyed' gets her own way more than I'd admit to rather than now. Plus I work abroad but internet access has exploded onto the rig and here I am. I have e-mailed Adam and hopefully steered him on his way to a few fish. I like the site, it's good and the crack can be very humurous at times and remain good hearted as sometimes it's taken far too seriously.
Take care.

A

Andrew Macfarlane

I hope you weren't confusing me with Fudgey?...God forbid...LOL!!

taps

Reaction score
No most certainly not as I know Fudgey too well. I work with too many Alans and I was working at the time of the reply.

neilwheater93

Reaction score
loch lochy is even further up than loch awe,neil wheater used to fish it,as far as i can gather it`s a salmon and trout loch.that`s about all i know.it might be worth contacting one of the scottish pac ro`s,their contact details are in pikelines if you are a pac member.
Fished the dam end loads of doubles and a smattering of big fish dead baits best also had a few ferrol to smelt