Looming Possibilities

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
BBC News - A craze for 'loom bands'

Right, okay, I have been using brown, black and clear silicone plastic ones (bought as hair bands for pence from the hairdressing stand at a local Chemist's) for the past nine years as bait attachment / rig devices (not pellet bands), but these....?

Neon Pink Rainbow Color DIY Loom Rubber Bands Refills | eBay

Got to be a flytying possibility, as I was using rubberlegs patterns with great effect in the very early 1990s. Scoobydos more recently were great - miles of tubefly material for pence...

---------- Post added at 11:36 ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 ----------

PS - My brain's kicked in - segmented body nymphs and grayling / caseless caddis bugs, similar to the razored-strip surgical latex ones I was tying in the very early 1980s for stonefly nymphs.

Split the band, tie in one end to hookshank, then wind stretched to form a body....

sumtime

Reaction score
Two of our grandkids love making wristbands with these, when I get round to it (been saying it for months :rolleyes:) I'll be making some lures up. ;)

greenie62

Reaction score
when I get round to it (been saying it for months ) I'll be making some lures up.
Eh la',
If you're looking for something to keep 'em busy - give 'em some fish piccies and set them a competition for who can make the most-fishlike creation!
1st prize - a fishing trip with Grandad!
2nd prize - 2 fishing trips .....! ;):rolleyes::eek:mg:

Solves 2 problems at once! :)
Cheers Ace

sumtime

Reaction score
Already done, Greenie ;)
lottiefish2.jpg

robtherake

Reaction score
My daughter has some similar bands that she uses to tie her hair up with. We had an interesting conversation when she noticed they'd found their way into my tackle box...they're brilliant for larger baits like banded crust, for example.

I was only in the doghouse for a couple of days.:)

Edit - Anyone tried those flavoured croutons? I daresay they'd be easy to band up.

Last edited: