Lowepro backpack for fishing?

Kevin aka Aethelbald

Reaction score
Hi. Anyone using a Lowepro (or similar) photo backpack instead of a purpose-built fishing one?

I like the look of the Korum backpacks, but about 15% of my work was photography and there are Lowepro backpacks that I've used over the years (especially with dual compartments), that would do the job equally as well... and possibly better.

The upside of the Korum ones is that they are mud coloured - and they're not much more expensive than a used (usually black) Lowepro on eBay. But some of the Lowepro ones open from the rear, so the straps and back won't get mud all over your back at the end of a session. I'm float fishing only and I've got an old Brady for when I want to go stripped-down trotting/roving.

Just thought I'd scratch an itch by asking the question. Thanks.

mikench

Reaction score
I use a Minolta bag for my brew kit. It was redundant like the SLR within.

Kevin aka Aethelbald

Reaction score
Thanks mikench. I see you're in Cheshire. I'm Cheshire born and bred, lived latterly in Bunbury, nr Tarporley, now in the Cotswolds. It's warmer and less damp down here, although looking out of the window right now..... ☔☔☔

Back to bags - kind of answered my own question in that when it's covered in cr4p a khaki or camo bag is probably going to scream 'clean me' less often, or not at all. So on the basis of sheer idleness I'll probably buy one of the Korum ones (and it'll match my new Aeronium chair).

mikench

Reaction score
I have a couple of the Korum bags plus a Drennan one. I also have the aeronium chair. I generally like Korum gear. I like Cheshire but where I am now it's not too bad.;):rolleyes:?:):cool:

Last edited: