Margin Pole Rig Question

chrisb1357

Reaction score
Hi,

Just got my first pole which is a margin pole which is pre elasticated.

My question is how do you tie the rigs to the elastic.

Chris

rayner

Reaction score
Several ways to connect to elastic Chris, dacron like peter crabtree says, incidentally the one I prefer.
Plastic pole connectors that I dislike but some do like them, a crowfoot connector that's nothing more than a knotted elastic to hold your rig, I've even seen a new way with a knot that Des Ship tied, totally different to a crowfoot.
Scan google to see which you might prefer.

Paste paul

Reaction score
Several ways to connect to elastic Chris, dacron like peter crabtree says, incidentally the one I prefer.
Plastic pole connectors that I dislike but some do like them, a crowfoot connector that's nothing more than a knotted elastic to hold your rig, I've even seen a new way with a knot that Des Ship tied, totally different to a crowfoot.
Scan google to see which you might prefer.

I use plastic connectors too .......
But with my margin elastic which is heavy I use the crows foot .....

chrisb1357

Reaction score
Hi all,

See attached photo which came on the pole already. I guess this is a plastic connector not a dacron type.

Just looking to get out ASAP once I know how to connect the rigs :)

Chris

Attachments

• IMG_20200526_102404.jpg
    IMG_20200526_102404.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 153

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Tie a loop on the end of the rig. Pull back the little sleeve on the connector, insert the loop in the crook and push the sleeve back up. Now push the bottom sleeve up flush to the small sleeve.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Yes, because if you cut rig then plumb up there is a possibility you could have cut the rig to short.if you are using ready made margin rigs depending on brand you will find you could have 2 metres of line on the rig,, so plumb up and have around 2' of line from float to pole tip as a starter, as you get more experienced you could end up with as little as 9" of line from float to pole tip depending on circumstances. That is mainly for hit and hold situations.
What make of pole and what length is it ,?
Just because it's a margin pole you can use it in front of you away from margins

chrisb1357

Reaction score
Hi all,

Me and the wife headed to our local pond the other day. Everyone was catching big carp and we ended up with 12 of these little things caught on the pole throughout the day but nothing else or big.

We had two normal rod and reels setup to but not many bites.

Not sure if we was doing anything wrong with rig. Baits or how we was putting bait on. We even tried floating bread.

My pole rig snapped once half way down the line to.

Ps: the Mrs caught more than me..

FB_IMG_1590919743218.jpg

IMG_20200530_115714.jpg