Marketing a new product

T

the master Lea

Hi all of you out there.

I am a sixth form student studying Business Studies. I would appreciate your feedback on a product that I am thinking of developing for a project. The product is a device for clipping onto the rod to facilitate the loading of new line onto a fixed spool reel. It will adjust to fit any size of line spool and appropriate tension required.

Could I please have your views on this? Would it be a winner?

P

Paul Williams

Master!
I hate to be a killjoy but someone beat you to it ......a long time ago, i don't think they have ever taken off dispite at least a couple of attempts.

C

Carp Angler

Sorry to cascade on ones bonfire, but an old copy of the Yellow pages is a lot cheaper and works every time.

R

Rob Brownfield

Harris angling sell such an item, as do several other american tackle firms. Infact, there is a new one advertised in this months Trout Fisherman for loading fly lines.
Sorry

N

Nigel Dalton

I'm quite fortunate in having the ideal item for this purpose. Works every time and is adjustable and looks great - its called "Her indoors" !!

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
Hang on a mo guys, stop p**sing on his fire, it seems there is merit in the idea. Obviously no-one has done it properly or else we would all own one (probably with a F** label).

If one were to be developed from scratch, what should its features be that would make you buy it? Personally I find it a pain in the bum to get line correctly on to a spool.

C

Carp Angler

Coops
He asked if there was merit in the idea.
You can buy them in the States for about $8, that's about a fiver.
They have never taken off because they aren't really needed.
A line stripper, like the one marketed by, I believe, Berkeley would be more wanted. IMHO.