Memories of my T40X Salmon - Steelhead Rod!

Scuba Chris

Reaction score
Okuma's NEW Replacement Series Is The Guide Select Pro!

For years this has been my favorite rod for medium light dunking (bait casting) to whipping (spin casting). I had 6 models. Casting to spinning. Now i'm using a Guide Select Pro 9'9" 2pc spinning rod with a Helios SX40 spooled with 15lb Eminent Braid by Soft Steel for my day & night activities. Sometimes using lighter gear is great for "feeling" the bite!

I've caught a great variety of inshore species using the T40X over the years. The largest was a GT weighing 32lb to even slightly heavier Eagle Nose Rays. My main targeted day species are Jack Trevallies & at night it's Mackerel Scads. So i'm going to show the species i'm most used to catching & landing day & night using this rod. The reels always differed back then. The one +10ft rod i used a 4K spinner, the rest from 6-10ft i used 3K spinners.

I'd recommend the same reel sizes for the Guide Select Pro as well. I'll provide the time indexes to the following catches-
GT Strike- The Beginning.
Bluefin Trevally- 0:32
White Trevally "Papio"- 2:02
Cow Nose Eagle Ray- 3:50
Mackerel Scad "Akule"- 10:02
Red Bigeyes "Aweoweo"- 10:22

Others species caught have included Cornet Fish, Barracudas, Leatherbacks, Snappers, Small Sharks & Threadfins to name just a few.

Attachments

• IMG_9743.jpg
    IMG_9743.jpg
    389.8 KB · Views: 99
  • Cover.jpg
    Cover.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 89