Middlesbrough areas

Scott1

Reaction score
Hi all
New to all this forum stuff
I'm learning how to fish going by memory of what I learnt when younger is anyone else in the Middlesbrough area on here ?
Recommend a nice easy place to learn ?
Regards
Scott

john step

Reaction score
Welcome to FM. I am sure there is fishing in Middlesborough. I had to Google its location. Sam Vimes will hopefully see your request as he knows waters up your way.

As to shotting loads. Get yourself a container of different size shots, which you will need anyway, a deepish container of water and a piece of line and away you go experimenting.

Tight lines.

sam vimes

Reaction score
anyone else in the Middlesbrough area on here ?

A bit further inland, near Richmond.

Recommend a nice easy place to learn ?

There are a couple of small commercials to the north of Teesside that I know nothing about. Much will depend on how far you are prepared to travel. If you don't want to travel, Hemlington Lake is reputed to be fishing quite well these days. Without going too far, Renny Lake (East Harlsey, Near the Cleveland Tontine) might be worth a look. However, an awful lot of Teesside lads travel down the A19 to Woodlands and The Oaks near Thirsk.

Keith M

Reaction score
Also have a number of floats with no markings on how to I determine shotting ?

Here’s a few drawings showing some standard spotting patterns for you to try:

Above: A couple of simple standard shotting patterns for wagglers (fixed bottom only) on still or very slow moving waters.

Above: Some simple shotting patterns for fishing running/flowing water with top & bottom floats (sticks, Avon’s, Balsas etc.)

Hope this is of some use to you.

Tight lines
Keith

Last edited: