Monument Ultimate medium feeder 11/13

mikench

Reaction score
Don't tell him that Alec as you won't hear the last of it. He's a grand bloke. Cheers Mark for the bag and apologies again for the lack of hospitality. It will be best in the long run.

hague01

Reaction score
I am delighted with the progress chaps. I will go and see my tackle shop pal tomorrow, mark at Keswalls, and try and have a peek at his old tackle dealers books. He only took Keswalls over circa 2009 so maybe too late. It's great to be narrowing the search now. I am also going to try his bundle of quiver tips. On the feeder there is what I think is a 1oz and maybe a 3. I feel it needs something in the middle. . 32p I think diam.

hague01

Reaction score
The two tips with the rod were unmarked so I was guessing a 1 and a 3. Got 2 x 2oz which fit perfectly. The owner showed me how to test tc of matching twin tips( again unmarked) and I was using the same method to test the 2 tips I had but it didn't work. Had I held the tip ends of course it did. Doh! Its a good job I don't broadcast my stupidity for everyone to hear! Thanks for your contribution guys. I need now to find out where the previous owners were of Ultimate tackle to see who actually made the rods for them. Money is still on Shakespeare but I will keep looking.

hague01

Reaction score
Confirm I got a 2oz to fit. Used it today and was very impressed. Didnt catch as the weather turned nasty, despite no mention in local forecasts. I waited til the wind died down as indeed it did ,as predicted, but no mention of heavy rain! Oh well,. there's always another day!

hague01

Reaction score
Just a follow up on your very helpful comments on the ultimate rod I acquired last year..
It really is a cracking rod used at 11' with a 2.o tip. The quiver I found to fit is stamped PF G 2. oz . Its around 3.2 or 3.4 mm at the insert but I am not sure how to measure it more accurately.( I want to source another 2,oz just in case) I have ascertained it has SiC guides, its a shinny black like the daiwa's of about 10 years ago. The handle is really high grade cork, even with a cork burl butt. As an own label its really something else. I have not tried it at 13' but its looks distinctly a long distance heavy feeder, made up. I paid a pittance for it. Its a shame I have unable to reach Ultimate tackle's former owners in Goole/Hull as yet but I live in hope. I agree the wording "designed in GB" and the flag suggests it was not made here so the likelihood of establishing that without the UK designer seems slim. A most enjoyable "mystery" to own. I know my pal bought it on Ebay so there may be other owners out there who could supply more info. Having owned a good few hardys of similar vintage I can say the build quality is equal to and probably exceeds theis. Its certainly in the quality class of my peregrine torrix's. Just cleaning putting it away so thought I would share my thoughts..

hague01

Reaction score
With members help I am now convinced this as an Abu made rod, pure fishing, and am delighted . The tip was purely coincidental in truth as I found it at my tackle shop, which were Abu sellers, and it fitted. Two questions solved. Brilliant. Many thanks to all who have made contribution to my search.