NEW 2020 Release! Okuma Cedros Spinning Reel is Here!

Scuba Chris

Reaction score
This Summer The 4K & 6K Sizes Will Be Available! Supersedes The Older Version!

Last year i fell in love with the look & power of the Blue Azores! I had purchased my first Azores Spinner from Sports Authority before they closed their nearest outlet. That reel never failed & i still have it today. I love the color & new sizing of the Blue Azores. Then last year i got to try Prototypes of the New Cedros Spinner for 2020. Ok, fell in love again! By this summer expect to see 2 new sizes, the 4K & 6K for the inshore angler. I currently have the 8K, 10K & 14K. Every year Okuma comes out with new equipment that just excites! And the MSRP's aren't outrageous like some other brands. So for those looking at the New Cedros Spinners, let me just say that you will love them.

Cedros Spinning Reel For 2020 Stats- DFD: Precision Dual Force Drag system Multi-disc drag adjustment for more precise settings Rigid and corrosion resistant Mag/Aluminum alloy construction CRC: Corrosion resistant coating process 6HPB + 1RB corrosion resistant stainless steel bearings Dual anti-reverse: Quick-Set and ratchet system Manual bail trip function for ultimate reliability HDGII: Corrosion resistant, High density gearing Hydro Block water tight drag seal Precision machine cut brass pinion gear Machined aluminum, 2-tone anodized spool Machined aluminum, screw-in handle arm Cedros spinning reels are backed by a 1-year limited warranty

Attachments

• IMG_8287.PNG
    IMG_8287.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 94

mikench

Reaction score
Chris I enjoy your vids and reviews but I have one question; have you ever said anything negative about an Okuma rod or reel? They produce a very good center pin over here and a few reels which don't frighten Shimano. We don't get many, if any of their rods.

bencarvosso

Reaction score
Chris I enjoy your vids and reviews but I have one question; have you ever said anything negative about an Okuma rod or reel? They produce a very good center pin over here and a few reels which don't frighten Shimano. We don't get many, if any of their rods.

Been using one of their inspira rods this year. 3 to 12 or 15gram
Predominately for perch and sea trout but had some salmon on it this year to 10lb. Some fight.
The rod is one of the best light lure rods I have used. And didn't break the bank.
Fuji guides and reel seat. Light and a crisp action.
Shame we done see more of their rods.

Scuba Chris

Reaction score
I'm only reviewing products either made for Hawaii or can be used for Hawaii that Okuma produces. The bulk of manufacturing is for trout, salmon, fresh water, etc. Items not usually used here like bait casters. For those type of equipment Okuma has reviewers in the States for. I have helped in the development of 2 long distance surf rods that if successful here will be introduced abroad. If i do find an issue with a product during testing it will be taken off the "board" until that issue is fixed. Same with other testers not only for Okuma but others companies as well.