pelican5

Reaction score
Hello
I used to fish about 7 or 8 years ago then just stopped going, dont know why really!!!
I did keep all my stuff but my brother in laws took it up and i lent one of them all my stuff. They didnt really know much so they asked me to pop down the lake and give them some pointers............got there and my brother in law had my pod back to front with the alarms at the back just in front of the reels, i had to laugh as he said to his mate he didnt know what to do so his mate said to look at the bloke in the next swin and copy his set and his was backwards aswell!!!!
I did manage to get them some carp on the bank, his mate had one pb after the next and was chuffed although it could of been luck but they are all catching now. the youngest at 13 caught his 1st carp nice common at 16lb and his 2nd at 15lb, keeps him off the streets!!
Im just doing what i was doing years ago although i know the lake and where to fish it i would like some knowledge on spodding and marking as ive never needed to do it. new lakes would be good to try aswell.

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
Welcome to FM Slatts :)

You see! You just can't get the fishing bug out of your system. You can ignore it for only a short while and then it bites you.

Let the other members know where you live and I'm sure you'll get lots of pointers for new waters.

Grumpy

pelican5

Reaction score
thank you
yeah im loving my fishing again.

i live in welwyn garden city hertfordshire, tried willows, used to be boemans lakes,didnt have much luck on the farm lake but was not told about the crayfish (if this is true)!!!
would like day ticket with a good stock of 20's to beat my long standing pb (21.8) although any carp is good.
thanks again

Cakey

Reaction score
oh no I used to work with a Slatts that lived in WGC ,had a brill ribena fight in the van on the way home one night middle lane of the M25 :wh:wh
this Slatts was bald as a badger :) <<< thats what he looked like
hurt his hand w*nk*ng if I remember right :D:D:D:D

Rickrod

Reaction score
He did,nt hurt his hand infront of you did he ha ha Hello slatts welcome too fm

Cakey

Reaction score
he will tell you he done it installing an aerial but you now know the truth............

pelican5

Reaction score
thanks for the welcome everybody
haha nice one cakey still thinking of lads tossing are you, i used to work he used to sit in the back of the van either eating or looking at pictures of men!!!!

Cakey

Reaction score
ha ha ha he is fibbing
we both sat on the roof of the hospital perving the nurses ................

---------- Post added at 23:15 ---------- Previous post was at 23:15 ----------

I perved the female ones........... Slatts perved the male ones

pelican5

Reaction score
he's a funny man is cakey. he can't see that far, the only thing he was looking at was a mars bar or 4!!!!
he has got a nice dog though, although i did have to net him out the lake today along with a fish!!!!

Cakey

Reaction score
went to see Slatts today and he oblige with a fish
look carefully you can see the escaped Buddy about to go in
_DSC3710.jpg

---------- Post added at 20:24 ---------- Previous post was at 20:22 ----------

Slatts is really good at catching my livebait
_DSC3711.jpg

pelican5

Reaction score
cakey tried to get buddy to get my fish so cakey could eat it, had to fight him off with my landing net pole, thought the poles where bad killing and eating the fish but cakey...............
he was nice enough to take some pics though

Last edited: