Oi! Get Out of My Sea-Trout Pool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have never ignored bashers, shouters-down and bullies, I have always confronted them and run them off, once putting one 17-year-old bully's head into the jaws of a basement workshop vice for an afternoon when I was at school. I was 15 and a mere squit, the thug, a hulking size-13 boot 6ft 4in, was routinely using his size to terrorize and beat the hell out of little new boy 13-year-olds. This, I decided, had to stop.

If anyone believes that one can put another persons head in a vice with enough force to hold it there all afternoon without causing permanent damage to the captive then he is a bigger fool than the outright liar who claims to have done it.
Just another load of old rubbish to add to the rest of the rubbish this serial braggart constantly spouts.
Back under your bridge Boote and wait for another little nanny to come along, too many big old Billys here for you old son.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Well Mr B, given your years of experience as an angler and that you've been a member of FM for ten years, we should be able to find countless examples of your posts where you offered help and advice to others. Er...um....er....difficult to find amt amongst the indecipherable clap trap and stories about you.

I've been a member of FM for years too. I don't frequent other forums and I haven't chased you from forum to forum. I only know you from you web persona on FM, which I won't elaborate on as it speaks for itself.

Aaah you say that because , like me , you are a noname , hard of thinking , unimaginative , done nothing , knuckle dragger.

I wonder if , like me , Paul tried to threaten you with physical violence ( until the Mods removed the post ).

nicepix

Reaction score
If he is going to put my head in a vice then can I suggest that the vice be mucky women. I'd quite like that.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Totally agree Hugh,
I have complained about this playground bullying on this and related threads for the last few months - it's about time it stopped - or the Mods made good on their threat of the other week and started taking some firm action.

Glad to find it's not just me then - that's fed up with the same handful of playground bullies!

Thank you, Greenie.

Only a handful of them, too.

Their "names" - CC, T and, of course, N - are to be found in this thread and in many others in which some well-concerted Boote Bashing apropos of nothing that I have said about the individuals concerned has taken place. T had serial "form" for similar unpleasant stuff on another forum, it should be noted. He is seldom seen there now.

If this few would stop, stop now, then none of these "forum fires" would happen - bliss for me, bliss for all FM-ers who have to stand by and watch yet another one start then rage unchecked for days and days, die down then break out in another spot a few days later.

Imagine....

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Classic, Karpman drama triangle again.

greenie62

Reaction score
... bliss for all FM-ers who have to stand by and watch yet another one start then rage unchecked for days and days, die down then break out in another spot a few days later.....

Paul,
As on many fora, 'what comes around, goes around', and some may argue that by leaving matches around you may well be responsible for some of the smouldering brushwood. I would ask that you also take more care where you discard any fag-ends - e.g the Mods and others can see who the offenders are on this and other threads - and don't need you to point out individuals by initials or otherwise - an action which could be seen as 'arson' about! :eek:
Tight Lines!

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So, it's a case of "He started it, Sir!"

Nothing off-message and "controversial" as construed by a tiny, permanently agin and antagonistic few is to be permitted, it appears.

Oh well. Seems that Sauron might have won.

Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark in Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Smiles at a wilful ignorance of Tolkien's trilogy and of someone's desperation to land a blow, any blow, however wildly ill-aimed and from the hip.

Just stop.

greenie62

Reaction score
Classic, Karpman drama triangle again.

Hi Ade,
Yes - absolutely right - we all have our roles to play - there is a certain inevitability about it, isn't there?

My main reading of the psychosocial development texts back then were those of Erik H Erikson - particularly his observations on scapegoating and the targetted victimisation - something he was acutely aware of being a tall blonde-haired blue-eyed Jewish lad in Germany in the early 20th Century!
I would recommend his works, including 'Games people play' about family relationships and the roles we tend to fall into.
Shalom Aleichem a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda.

Reaction score
You stop. Stop posting your thinly veiled insults then people won't keep pulling you up about them.

Instead you could start posting help and advice for those that would welcome it. I'm led to believe from what I have read on FM that you have a wealth of angling experience. If you REALLY wish to contribute to FM then pass on some of that experience. I don't just mean stories about you though.

There are lots of members asking 'how to' questions - why not offer your services, I'm sure it would be well appreciated. There's an audience here on FM. Why not write for it?

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And Tolkien's entertaining little literary number was an allegory for the War Against Fascism that the Allies had recently fought and won in the 1940s real world.

Beware of those who seek to discredit, disappear and silence. Better Sort Argentines know all about such types and are still having to live with the Worst Sort consequences.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
And Tolkien's entertaining little literary number was an allegory for the War Against Fascism that the Allies had recently fought and won in the 1940s real world.

Beware of those who seek to discredit, disappear and silence. Better Sort Argentines know all about such types and are still having to live with the Worst Sort consequences.

Interesting, I never thought of the rings being about the world wars, I did only read 2 of the 3 books though

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Tolkein himself frequently denied that the books were deliberately allegorical in regard to WWII.

"He would, wouldn't he?" was the Mandy Rice-Davies line that at once came from the mouth of a young, male, Tolkien family member whom I met at a hippy-ish party in the 1970s. We shall never know.

bennygesserit

Reaction score

You know it wouldn't have surprised if you had said you used to go drinking with Bilbo and Elrond down your local or you once went fishing with Gollum

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You know it wouldn't have surprised if you had said you used to go drinking with Bilbo and Elrond down your local or you once went fishing with Gollum

Benny, you (together with huge numbers of modern Brits) appear not to understand just how much Britain has changed in the past 30-odd years, how less socially mobile and all-areas inaccessible to celebs and movers and shakers and the like it has become.

For a time here in Britain, you could be drinking with a couple of mates in some grotty pub, maybe taking in an equally grotty band, get talking with someone who, it turned out, was the kid sister of a then currently famous rock musician and who promptly took you back to the house she was sharing with some, say, fellow art students, one of whom had a brother in another up-and-coming band or worked in the music industry or book world.

You didn't need to be posh or well-connected, it just happened; there were no barriers, no paranoid celebs with their Security and "people" stopping you from, well, just bumping into them, then being invited to gigs, parties, book things, whatever.

More of us Brits, I believe, should be missing the Britain of that time, for it is just a very few well-protected, private and paranoid Us and a "Keep them away from me" awful, intrusive Them, no mixing and sharing and helping each other out irrespective of background, rather divided and bitter little place, now.

Last edited:

The Runner

Reaction score
For a time here in Britain, you could be drinking with a couple of mates in some grotty pub, maybe taking in an equally grotty band, get talking with someone who, it turned out, was the kid sister of a then currently famous rock musician and who promptly took you back to the house she was sharing with some, say, fellow art students, one of whom had a brother in another up-and-coming band or worked in the music industry or book world.

You didn't need to be posh or well-connected, it just happened; there were no barriers, no paranoid celebs with their Security and "people" stopping you from, well, just bumping into them, then being invited to gigs, parties, book things, whatever.
I obviously must have spent the 70s drinking in the wrong grotty pubs....

Status
Not open for further replies.