PaSC fishin Dam Flask

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
This info is from last time....

I suggest we meet between 9am and 10 at the North car park which is situated on the road between Upper Boddington and Byfield. There isn’t an accurate postcode for it?

If you are approaching from Upper Boddington it will be on your right.
From Byfield, the left, beyond the sailing club car park.

There are no long walks involved but there are some steps or a ramp to get up to the bank. Not too strenuous...

Parking is free.

Day tickets are £7 or £4 OAP.

The pegs are all level concrete with steps down to them. There are 3 levels to sit on at different heights due to the rise and fall of the water level.

Average depth is 6’-8’ depending on water level.

What to bring?

Float and feeder gear mainly, good roach can be caught close in on waggler or whip.
Carp and tench on feeder, pellet waggler.
Pike to pike tactics.
Pole fishing is tricky unless the Ressie is full of water, I will check with the bailiff beforehand.

There are no food outlets on site, or anywhere near, so bring your own.

Hopefully the weather will be favourable. It can be quite windy there as it’s quite high up, so naturally
bring suitable attire.
Anyone know the name of the road or a nearby postcode for sailing club or sailing club name ?

john step

Reaction score
Thanks, I was just on reservoir website,
It's about 40 mile and 50 minutes away. J11 off M40

If I lived only 40 miles away I would go there often. Mine is 110 miles each way and shall savour the day.
Hopefully when the covid thing is done I shall take a tent and camp nearby and have a few days there.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
If I lived only 40 miles away I would go there often. Mine is 110 miles each way and shall savour the day.
Hopefully when the covid thing is done I shall take a tent and camp nearby and have a few days there.
I sometimes do a 300+ miles round trip to fish matches in the north west.
Clattercote is easier to get to for me, not fished it for years, mind you only been down here about 16 months, The waters I fish here are gravel pit waters plus canal and river.
Never fished Boddington, only because it's not interested me.So will be going there blind on this one.

Steve King

Reaction score
I’ve never fished Boddington, but I’ve fished Clattercote several times. I’ve blanked a few times at Clattercote, but had some great days there too! My first short session there resulted in a 20lb carp that I had to drag out from under the board walk!

I look forward to Fishing Boddington for the first time. Distance wise both reservoirs are practically the same from Bromsgrove.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
I’ve never fished Boddington, but I’ve fished Clattercote several times. I’ve blanked a few times at Clattercote, but had some great days there too! My first short session there resulted in a 20lb carp that I had to drag out from under the board walk!

I look forward to Fishing Boddington for the first time. Distance wise both reservoirs are practically the same from Bromsgrove.
Did you try the bagging waggler on Clattercote Steve ,?

john step

Reaction score
Do I take my pole ??? Decisions decisions,
It will more than likely be float and feeder rods, and possible margin pole to fish to hand.

I will not be taking a pole. The reason is that I think the water level will still be low at this time of year. This res is emptied out during the canal boat season to compensate for the locks opening and water loss.

By low I think it will be comfortable waggler depth. Lat year it was fishing from the lower concrete platforms which are quite comfy. About 4 or 6 feet deep if memory serves. There are a series of anglers steps with interspersed platforms. ( Holes included for brollies)

Each side of your peg/steps are rocks. Big rocks. I, being a clumsy so and so would damage a pole with ease should I try to unship it at this venue at a time when it is necessary to walk down the steps to set up.

PC has said previously he will contact the bailif to confirm water levels prior. I hope this still applies Simon?

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
I will be stripping my seatbox down over next couple of days, remove drawers and trays containing stuff I wont need, and remove attachments I wont need.
May do what your doing Steve 2 float and 2 feeder rods, no pole. ( that will surprise @mikench ) . I have a kilo of worms I need to get rid of, so they may be coming as well.

mikench

Reaction score
I'm taking two waggler rods: 15 ft and a 13 ft, plus two feeder rods (one light and one heavy). I'm leaving the pole at home!
Is that on a just in case basis Steve? I doubt I will fish 2 rods at the same time so shall decide on the day if it shall be the float or feeder. I always stress about Tackle for a new venue where it's not about trees and bushes and tight swims.

Last edited: